Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SYN80
Level 7

Roku TV - What changed in 9.4.0 Build 4200-CN?

I just got an update to 9.4.0 build 4200-CN and wanted to know what was added/changed/fixed?

Westinghouse: WR50UX4019

Roku TV: C803X

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What changed in 9.4.0 Build 4200-CN?

Unfortunately Roku - like much of the CE industry increasingly - does not provide changelogs for its firmware/software updates.

Aside from general announcements of new functionality with major version releases, we are left in the dark and have to ascertain for ourselves what changes/fixes/additions were specifically made.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
buschap
Level 7

They didn’t specify, and I haven’t been able to test long enough to be certain, but it looks like this may have corrected the issue on Roku TVs with an ARC device connected having video and audio dropouts with the Xbox Series X and PS5. 

boogernose
Level 18

Thats good but as mentioned there are no release notes for every build.

There are probably notes within the code. But it is not open source and we are not privvy to it.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
EAHWP
Level 7

Release notes are very detailed. Roku OS 9.4 

A simple search gets the link above. Enjoy #EAHWP 

0 Kudos
buschap
Level 7

These notes do not detail the distinctions between the prior build of 9.4.0 and the current build of 9.4.0. This question is specifically wondering what changed in the rebuild (which is probably more like 9.4.1).

EAHWP
Level 7

Gotcha. I would think posting to the Twitter site and asking would get you faster results than here. Don’t DM. Post it publicly. I’ll retweet it. And do a search first. We’re not the only ones searching. Do better Roku. 

I currently have version 9.4.0 build 4200  just updated. 

@buschap wrote:

These notes do not detail the distinctions between the prior build of 9.4.0 and the current build of 9.4.0. This question is specifically wondering what changed in the rebuild (which is probably more like 9.4.1).

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

@EAHWP  that is not very detailed nor is it the latest build.

Your simple search is very simply worthless.

Anyone who relies on Twitter for anything is silly.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos