Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mxmzd
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV - Viewing Computer on HDMI Input - HDR Playback Dark

Same issue on my R615 55". The workaround above definitely changes things, but is not a viable option.

Super frustrating.. I sent a PM to Tanner as well.

mxmzd
Reel Rookie

Just to give some feedback: Tanner has been super quick with answers and got my TV back to OS 9.1. It is now working on PC and PS4 Pro how it's supposed to. Thanks for the great service!

0 Kudos
StiLtd
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue now on my 43s517. Hdr was fine, loaded up destiny 2 today and it was so dark. I couldn't figure out what changed over night. Then looked at tv software and behold it was updated this morning to 9.2.0 build 4129. Please get this fixed please
jeditobe1

Re: 55p605 problems with hdr

I started experiencing this issue yesterday on my TCL 55P607 (now on update 9.2).

Computer HDR input is dark.  So dark that in some games the HDR brightness slider cannot even approach a "correct" calibration.  Trying it with a PS4 game it works fine.

Looking at the thread for the "R" models, only solution that had any effect was a workaround that involved switching NVidia control panel to override signal to not be a PC mode signal (marked as a fullscreen video signal), and to change input name on TV to be "game console."  Just changing the override was not enough, I had to do both steps.

Color isnt exactly the same as it was before, but it at least is now tolerable, but I would obviously prefer the issue to be fixed.

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone, 

We are working to help investigate and resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Please stay tuned for further updates.

As other users have noted, using the TV input for 'Game Console' should help improve your experience in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Roku TV HDR suddenly super dark after update

I received and update to my TCL TV (43S515) this morning to 9.2.0 rev 4129, and suddenly the HDR is not working on any of the display inputs and is way too dark. I just played some games last night on my computer and everything was working perfect. I've tried resetting the TV, factory resetting, changing the HDMI settings, changing the video setting so everything is "Brighter" like "Bright HDR" etc, and nothing works. It's only the inputs however, and not on the main screen where I access all of the apps; those work fine it seems.

[post merged with already existing thread]

NumsBowl
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV HDR suddenly super dark after update

Also having this exact issue. Hope there's a fix soon. You said factory resetting doesn't work?

0 Kudos
Andres08

Re: Roku TV HDR suddenly super dark after update

my tv too i have to unpluged the power cable 

0 Kudos
steeljacket488
Reel Rookie

I have the R615 as well and after the 9.2 my hdr is to dark to use. Had it working good with RDR 2 day before the update now I cant use it. They need to fix this as soon as they can. I'm a system builder also and have went though all the trouble shooting steps and nothing. My PS4 Pro Hdr is to dark to use also.

0 Kudos
Agent42
Reel Rookie

If at all possible can we get a downgrade in the interim? I'd rather just go back to a firmware that works until a fix can be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using the 55P605. Xbox HDR is fine. PC is way too dark. Made a few setting changes but the colors are all out of tolerance and washed out.
0 Kudos