Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ynotrhyme
Level 7

Roku TV TCL P607 streaming apps isnt giving out audio via receiver//...

So my onkyo receiver (Tx-Rz810) is connected to my TCL via ARC. All the inputs connected to the receiver work perfectly fine; PC, PS4, PS3, Satellite Box.

But when I try to watch smart TV apps via TCL's home page the audio does not work via the receiver. The receiver switches to the TV input when go to the TCL's home menu where all my apps are but no audio is heard. It worked for about three days and then it just stopped working but I have no idea why it suddenly stopped.

These are my settings on TCL TV; Audio = Dolby digital, DTS CEC = arc is checked, system audio control is checked, 1 touch play isn't , neither is system stand by

Maybe the receiver doesn't need to be on TV input and needs to be somewhere else?

Maybe it's a setting in the Onkyo side that is wrong?

Any suggestions would help. I really don't wanna use the TVs speaker when I have a nice home theater set up.

Thanks guys

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Roku TV TCL P607 streaming apps isnt giving out audio via receiver//...

I dont blame you. My guess is its most likely a hardware issue.

You you'd need to check your connections and wiring.

Just 2 days ago I had a problem with Roku's audio fluttering.

Settings/Audio/Menu volume>>off.....................fixed it.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Roku TV TCL P607 streaming apps isnt giving out audio via receiver//...

@ynotrhyme  Thanks for the note here. In Settings>Audio>S/PDIF and ARC, change your setting to Auto-detect. Does this restore audio output? 

Thanks,

Tanner