Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV (TCL 55S405) DTS Audio Sync After 8.1 Update

I’ve seen a few older posts regarding this issue, and I’ve been hoping the 8.1 update would resolve it, but no such luck. 

I have a TCL 55S405 TV connected via ARC on HDMI 1 to a Yamaha TSR-5810 receiver. Earlier today I updated the TV to software verision 8.1.0 build 4139-30. Previously I was using an old Sony receiver connected via TOSLINK but had the same issue. 

The issue: When playing back content with a DTS audio stream via Plex the audio falls to of sync with the video stream. The audio and video start out in sync with each other, but over time the audio will fall farther and farther behind the video. Periodically during play back and at seemingly random times (at different times during playback of the same video) there will be a brief period of silence (much less than second, but noticeable), after which the delay will be slightly longer. The video seems unaffected when this occurs. With my older receiver over TOSLINK (and software version 8.0.1) the receiver would redisplay the audio codec on the screen, implying that the output had been lost and reacquired. With my new receiver over HDMI ARC the brief audio pause is still noticeable, but the receiver doesn’t change it’s display. Completely stopping and resuming the video will result in the streams being resynced, but the sync will “drift” again over time. There was no change in the behavior following the 8.1 update. 

Any help on resolving this issue would be appreciated. My workaround has been to disable DTS audio on my TV, however that results in increased CPU load on my Plex server as the video is no longer being direct played (along with the knowledge that the audio stream has been modified between the Plex server and the receiver). 

Thanks! 
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ssss25
Level 7

Re: Roku TV (TCL 55S405) DTS Audio Sync After 8.1 Update

Hi, I have same issue. I have LC-65LBU591C and I too was waiting for fix, 8.1 didn’t fix the audio sync issue. Playing AUDIO through ARC and Plex. It’s making watching movies useless on Roku.

Any plan to fix? Is it just Plex?
0 Kudos

I have a TCL 55S515 and have the same issues decoding DTS and DD+ streams.
0 Kudos
chebyshev
Level 7

I have this same problem with my TCL Roku TV and Vizio soundbar through HDMI-ARC. Anyone know if there's anything I can do to fix it?
0 Kudos