Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CR13
Reel Rookie

Jan 2022 - ME TOO - Roku TV + Streambar + wireless speakers issue

I have the Roku StreamBar and Wireless Speakers. Speakers are brand new, StreamBar is a few months old.

When watching TV (via verizon FIOS and a Samsung TV) I hear most of the sound from the sound bar and background sound (music, some speaking parts of commercials, ambient, etc.) thru the wireless speakers very softly.

When watching apps thru the Roku - the StreamBar doesn’t have any sound and all the talking, music and ambient sound come from the two Wireless Speakers.  

This set up in a room where I have furnace noise and was hoping for s system to help me hear over it.  I don’t mind riding the volume button, but I can’t get consistent quality sound from the FIOS feed or the Roku (apps) feed.  

Would love to troubleshoot with someone.  

shawn_simon
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV + Streambar + wireless speakers issue

are you getting horrible static too? my soundbar sounded blown within a week. awful. so dissapointing.

Shawn Simon
0 Kudos
shawn_simon
Channel Surfer

the soundbar is of subpar quality. wondering if the woofer and surround system are better. I like the idea of the Roku soundbar, as when I purchased a Bose system i had to reconnect to bluetooth everytime we turned on the TV. 

Shawn Simon
0 Kudos
shawn_simon
Channel Surfer

danny please help us out- is there a new generation of soundbar that doesn't sound blown?

Shawn Simon
0 Kudos
CR13
Reel Rookie

ZERO static.  Sound is good but not distributed property thru the bar/speakers

0 Kudos
CR13
Reel Rookie

My wireless speakers are paired with my Roku StreamBar not my Samsung TV.  The TV sound is not being used at all.

Appreciate any help at all to make this the sound system work better.

0 Kudos
CR13
Reel Rookie

While I’m not who  you were replying to I was the owner of the original thread.  I’ll try to answer your question.  

What kind of content are you watching? Are you playing stereo audio-only content or surround sound content?

ANSWER —UM well I guess I don’t know exactly.  FIOS regular TV, movies vi streaming apps, sports

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • ANSWER:  MODEL: 9102R Roku StreamBar
  • Serial # YL0011965234
  • Software v: 10.5.0 - build 4210-95
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • ANSWER:  not specific channel but it does change based on content being shown.  Commercials main talking doesn’t come thru bar but does come thru wireless speakers but very soft.  
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

CR13

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

The issue you are experiencing is due to the audio coming through. When using the soundbar and the wireless speakers as front right and front left, it becomes a 3.0 system. The soundbar becomes the center channel used for dialogue and the wireless speakers are left and right audio. This would be for surround sound audio sources. If the channel/content is stereo only it will only come out of the front left and front right speakers as there is only left and right audio as this would be expected. This can be tested by playing a movie with 5.1 sound and then an old TV show that only has stereo.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rmdunc
Reel Rookie

Danny,

What about when you only have the streambar and rear speakers, no front. The rear play but are very low.

Anyway to get the rear to match the soundbar?

0 Kudos
rmdunc
Reel Rookie

Let me add that I have a tcl roku tv. It seems the streambar and spreaker are louder when streaming through the bar as opposed to the tv. 

0 Kudos