Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenwilk

Roku TV + Streambar + wireless speakers issue

I have a smart Roku TV… I also have always had Roku wireless speakers. I recently got the streambar pro for the “surround sound feel”. It worked for a bit. But now the sound is only coming out of my wireless speakers. When I set up stream bar I did reset the wireless speakers and then re added them. Am I doing something wrong. Or is it that I’ve added a stream bar to a TV with Roku already built in and I’m making things too difficult to function. Thanks in advance! Ps I do have the streambar in HDMI ARC I also have the right output selection in the regular Roku TV input settings 

26 REPLIES 26
dclaybd

Re: Roku TV + Streambar + wireless speakers issue

The setting on mine disappeared after recent update. My wireless speakers and roku stream bar were all working now only the wireless speakers are working nobody can answer me WHY the surround sound on the audio menu is gone on the selections. I have called Roku 3 times no answer.  

RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jenwilk @dclaybd

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

What kind of content are you watching? Are you playing stereo audio-only content or surround sound content?

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Hugol1992

I'm having the same issue. I have the stream bar, two wireless speakers, and the wireless sub. I was able to select the option to get sound from all speakers and the streambar but that option is no longer available. Roku please fix this!

0 Kudos
Haleylholmes
Channel Surfer

Have you heard anything on this or gotten any sort of fix? I have the wireless speakers and they work great. I just purchased the streambar pro and the subwoofer but when I connect the streambar pro, audio will only come out of it OR the wireless speakers, not both. So frustrating.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Haleylholmes

Thanks for the post.

How are you pairing the Roku Wireless speakers? Are you pairing everything to your Roku Streambar or to your Roku TV?

For more information about setting up your Roku surround sound, visit our Support page here: Build a Roku surround sound system

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wrayne84

I am having the same issue. ROKU please help

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wrayne84,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Zoftig210

I'm having the same issue and nothing in their help tabs actually help. Very annoying. 

0 Kudos
Haleylholmes
Channel Surfer

Pairing my wireless speakers to the streambar and the streambar to the tv (instead of trying to pair both the speakers and the streambar to the tv) worked for me! I don't know why they don't make that clear.

0 Kudos