Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV Screen distortion on all channels but home pages

It doesn't matter which channel I select, the image is distorted, people all have black eyes. Yet the home screen is fine. I have tried powering off, system update, channel reset, and still has the same issue. I have the Ruko TLC 46"

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV Screen distortion on all channels but home pages

@Pendletonm7 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

This same thing happened to me. If you factory reset your Roku, that should turn everything back to normal! 

Jojo24

Same thing happened to me, I just hit “System Restart” in the settings and it fixed it for me!

kasswil16
Reel Rookie

I am currently having this issue and don't want to completely factory reset since I will have to then add all my accounts back on it but switching it to movie mode has helped for the time being.

0 Kudos

I just had this happen for the first time tonight. I did a factory reset and it fixed it. 

0 Kudos
Zarr868

How do I fix the distortion 

0 Kudos
Zarr868

Where are the factory reset 

0 Kudos
CastawayLuke
Reel Rookie

Had the same issue with my 65” today. Short of factory reset, I unplugged everything connected to the TV and reset the internet connection. That worked. I have it set up for wireless but if that hadn’t of worked I would have set up a wired connection. Last resort would have been factory reset. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @CastawayLuke,

Welcome to the Roku community!

I wanted to follow up regarding the screen distortion issue you were experiencing with your Roku TV. Have you managed to resolve the problem? We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with an update on how it has been going.

Based on your previous message, it seems that you were able to mitigate the issue by unplugging all connected devices and resetting the internet connection. We're glad to hear that these steps helped. In case the problem persists or reoccurs, you can try setting up a wired connection as an alternative or consider checking for any firmware updates for your Roku TV, as they may contain bug fixes and improvements that address such issues.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos