Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sammij24

Why won't my Roku TV screen turn on?

Jump to solution

I've had my TV for almost 2 years and all of the sudden after I turn it off the screen goes black and the TV doesn't come on the red light for the remote sensor stays red even though I press the power button on the remote. I have changed the batteries in the remote several times and still nothing.

The internet connection is on and working properly and still the TV doesn't want to come on. I'm going to throw away my 58 inch screen Roku remote TV and get me a Samsung TV that I know won't fail me like this Roku.

I wanted to watch TV and couldn't because the TV malfunctioned. I couldn't even get in contact with Roku so they can help me troubleshoot. Everything is email only. I cannot talk to a person. And they never responded to my email request for help. Sharp for Roku TV suck.

I'm I'm very disheartened that I have to throw away a brand new TV and spend more money on a new one to function properly. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue where your Roku TV screen will not turn on, this may be related to a hardware problem. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
177 REPLIES 177
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sammij24  Thanks for reaching out. For more help with power or hardware related issues, you'll need to contact your Roku TV manufacturer. They provide direct support and warranty services for their TVs running the Roku OS, and can better assist you. You can locate their contact information from this support article.

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
MoochyCat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Were you able to get a resolution?

Jump to solution

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, red light is on but nothing, i have changed the power supply broad an the main broad an still nothing..

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kelvinashley 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MoochyCat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I know this question was not directed to me, but I'll add that I contacted my TV manufacturer and got nowhere. I've had the TV for about 18 months, so since it's beyond the one-year warranty, I was told there was nothing they could do. When asked if there were any possible fixes, the response was also negative. Disappointed with both the product and the customer service. Ended up buying another TV.

AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY SHARP-ROKU TELEVISION!! I was WATCHING the TV when the screen went black. Nothing I have tried has worked. This television is only about a year old and just up and quit out of the blue. Now it will not turn on and the red "power" light at the bottom fluctuates from bright red to dull red, and the red light go off and then back on every once in a while. I am SO mad I could spit nails!

MoochyCat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, this is EXACTLY the problem I was having! The product is clearly trash. Interestingly, when I contacted Sharp, they didn't immediately recognize the model number I provided. Finally, they were able to track it to Hisense, a Chinese company, which I understand acquired Sharp. They directed me to Hisense customer service, who informed me that I was out of luck, since it was over a year old. I've had TVs last 20 years--unthinkable to have to replace one within two. Hope you have better luck!

Re: Sharp 58 inch Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

Same problem I bought mine in April 2019 from Walmart brand new I was watching tv 1 day in May of this year and it just went off and has never came back on since 

MoochyCat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The manufacturer offers no help. I contacted the manufacturer (Sharp/Hisense) and because it was just outside my warranty, they said there was nothing they could do.