Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rickakrejce
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

And I cant seem to figure out if u can just buy one of those ribbons or if u have to buy the whole screen so if anyone knows please im all ears

0 Kudos
rdcrabtre67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I replace all 3 boards no luck.  Going to changing out ribbons and cables see if that works.

AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello Rickakrejce,
Please let us know if this is the fix when you get the ribbons. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Rickakrejce
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Its one of the 8 mylar or mylan ribbons they connect the screen anyone know how to replace them? Or where u can buy them

0 Kudos
ActtBadd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Sunshine20 wrote:

I saw this on-line and it worked for me. 

Remove batteries from the remote. Hold down every single button on the remote for five seconds. Then, replace the batteries. Next, unplug the power cord from the Roku, wait for five seconds, plug the power cord back into the Roku, and wait for Roku banner. Mar 7, 2015

Once the banner shows give it a couple minutes and you should get to the screen where it shows cable box. 

I didn't change the batteries-only took them out and put back in as indicated.

Would like to 2nd this. Turned my TV on this morning and the screen stayed black. Hit power button again because I thought I didn't turn it on. Could see it powering down in upper right corner. Repeated this several times. Came online and found this forum. Kept reading all the complaints until I came across this post. I work in IT and sometimes we have to discharge (unplug and then hold down power button) computers in order for them to boot up. Figured this was the same issue here. So I unplugged and held power button on remote. Waited 5-10 minutes and then plugged TV back up. Sharp banner came up. Thought I would have to re-setup the TV, but all my settings were in place. Didn't even mess with batteries in remote.

Hopefully this post helps someone else.

AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello ActtBadd,
You lucky dog! I wish this had worked for me, but that being said, I certainly hope that it works for someone else. Thanks for posting and should you hear of anything else that may be of benefit, please take a second to make a post. One never knows if it could be the trick that works for others. Thanks again and stay well!

Hwilli79997
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku TV won’t come on and the screen is going from blue start up to black the red light is blinking,I have up plugged it push reset and still the same my son got this for my Christmas gift in 2019 and now I am being told that I need to buy another TV well no more Onn.Roku TV’s in this house they are no good so don’t give money away  because you can’t get any help if you didn’t buy extended warranty.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hwilli79997

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting Onn support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kamaren

Jump to solution

My hisense roku does the exact same thing, stanby light on, dims slightly, blinks twice, repeat. Television will not come on. I have seen many people with many different brands of TVs have the same issue. I have also seen that a double blink could be a roku server or wifi connection issue. Yet the only response people get is- contact the television manufacturer. Maybe check to see if you had a recent roku update before the problem? That's what I'm trying to figure out now. Good luck to all of y'all. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kamaren

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Is there any sounds coming from the TV when the screen is blank?

Have you tried unplugging the TV for 10-15 minutes and then plugging it back in to see if you are able to see anything on your screen?

Have you already tried contacting Hisense to see what insight they can provide?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos