Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rickajune

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I replace the main logic board power supply board and tcon board still nothing.

Jump to solution

Same with me, all of a sudden my Roku TV went off, and never came back online, I just see a RED link blinking, I tried all possible ways to switch it on, replaced remote batteries, etc. Looks like some issue with poor quality hardware used. I don't think it is recommended to buy such poor quality products from Sharp who I trusted for years. 

thegirlshehack
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My TV is only THREE MONTHS old!! Same problem, why isn't ROKU the problem. I have noted that all different brands of TV are listed here with one common thread: ROKU

Is their software/hardware part of the problem here??? 

There is something completely WRONG that all of these different televisions have this same problem??

thegirlshehack
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All of these different brands of television and yet, ROKU isn't the problem? It seems that it is a ROKU problem that is affected the televisions. The TV makers can't all be wrong here!!! I will never, ever, ever, buy anything with the word ROKU associated with it. 

More Chinese junk, thanks for THAT!!!!! 

Rickakrejce
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I know it's so frustrating I've been without TV now for 3 months it's just sitting there I was just sitting there dead the TV was a year and two weeks old exactly so just out of warranty I've replace the t-con board. Main logic board and the power supply unit fort and it still is doing the same thing and you don't get no answers from ruko at all and now I'm waiting on some new wearing to come for the inside I guess we'll see if that works if anyone has found the answer to what is wrong with the TVs please let me know

thegirlshehack
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny, 

Are you NOT reading ANY of these posts?? These are not all stupid people, they have already done the things suggested by both TV manufacturer and ROKU, it is clearly a ROKU problem in that YOUR company, ROKU is making and selling to the TV manufacturers, shoddy and inferior circuit boards, that is the REASON for these continued failure! If I cannot find a TV without a ROKU board, then I will simply not own one!! I spent three hours today on chat with TCL, it isn't their problem that YOUR boards are junk. MY TV is only THREE MONTHS old, same **bleep**, different person. But, since our country is so invested in the Chinese element, I'm  not surprised. I expect to be issued a pointed straw hat and be in the rice fields any day now!! Thanks for absolutely NO HELP with the company line of call your tv repair!!! Nice........

thegirlshehack
Channel Surfer

Re: Black screen no sound

Jump to solution

Danny, 

Yes, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 1 minute, 12 seconds, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour, three hours, what suggestion next?? Why in the world are we having to fix and repair brand new televisons?????? 

Doesn't this actually bother anyone at ROKU since your company is the underlying constant here????

ArmanAbt
Reel Rookie

Re: TV does not turn on after 13 months of barely use!

Jump to solution

Guys, 

you probably cannot get your money back. I couldn't. Simply avoid ROKU and get a decent Samsung tv. Also, look at how you paid for your TV. If you have paid with Visa platinum, then you can claim your money from Visa. They have an extended warranty policy. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV does not turn on after 13 months of barely use!

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you have already tried the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread, we would recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further. I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SandraQ

Jump to solution

Less then 2 years and my Hisense Roku TV having same issue like everyone else won't turn on even after I unplug and try turning on again. What a gimmick selling TV's that malfunction less than 2 years. Next time spending more money on better brand and extended warranty. Im so disappointed.