Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunshine20

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

I saw this on-line and it worked for me. 

Remove batteries from the remote. Hold down every single button on the remote for five seconds. Then, replace the batteries. Next, unplug the power cord from the Roku, wait for five seconds, plug the power cord back into the Roku, and wait for Roku banner. Mar 7, 2015

Once the banner shows give it a couple minutes and you should get to the screen where it shows cable box. 

I didn't change the batteries-only took them out and put back in as indicated.

0 Kudos
AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi Sunshine20
Thanks, but the remote trick is not the answer to a hardware problem. There are a series of boards in the back of the televisions that are all linked together. One or more of these go out seemingly on cue shortly after the one year warranty expires. It is nothing more than shoddy workmanship done overseas. I have to wonder if the televisions were made here in the USA if they would last more than a year? But I'm glad it worked for you, Sunshine20.

Steve101

Jump to solution

Exact same issue,, same tv 58in sharp roku.... straight trash... was watching and the screen went black one hour ago 10/15/20.. shady business practices for sure.

I think i got almost 2 years out of it tho.. 

Never again

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Steve101 

Thanks for the post.

Some customers reported that after they unplugged their TV for 5-10 minutes, they were able to resolve their issue. Have you tried that to see if it solves what you are seeing?

If the issue is still not resolved, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact Sharp here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kstaff821
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R did you even read my post? Don't you think I would have tried the easiest solution before opening the TV up to start replacing the boards? Its a little frustrating that people are spending their money on a product that SHOULD be pretty reliable only to have an issue right after the warranty has expired. Does Roku have an opinion on the matter? Even if its not Roku's issue, I wouldn't want my brand associated with another brand that seems to be pure garbage. There seem to be a lot of people experiencing the same issue and Roku has a blanket response that is quite insulting to its consumers.

Wgodfrey

Jump to solution

Hey I have a 58 inch sharp roku with the same issue. Was basically told tough luck like you were as well. Did you ever end up fixing? 

AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello Wgodfrey,
No, I never did get my 58" Sharp/Roku television working again. I tried everything that I could find online to find the fix. I had purchased an extended 3 year extended warranty when I bought the TV. When I called to get my money back from "SquareTrade" (a division of Allstate Insurance who handles claims such claims), the agent had me go thru a series of 'resets', all of which I had tried before. To no surprise, this all proved fruitless. She advised me that the main board in the TV had gone bad and she issued me a refund check. (This process was extremely easy and the check arrived in the mail three days later.) Working off that info, I opened up the back and got the correct part number off of the main board. (To add to the hassles, there are several different boards of each of the 3 types in the back that will only work if all 3 match one another.) I ordered the main board online on installed it, only to be disappointed again. At this point, I have a 58" television that is sitting against the wall, and nobody from Sharp/Roku will tell me what I need in order to be able to watch it again. They cannot tell me that nobody at that company has the answer to exactly what part I need given the the information about the dimming red status light. Unfortunately, almost every big screen TV on the US market these days have Roku garbage for their guts, but they won't give that out because instead of buying a new, $500 television they could be fixed by anyone who knows how to use a screwdriver for less than $50. It is a total disservice to the American public who had put our faith in these "name brand" televisions for years, and that stinks. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this has been a three month journey for me that has ended in disappointment over and over again. THANKS FOR NOTHING SHARP AND ROKU! 

AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Do you not get tired of giving out links that are of no help to customers who have felt the anxiety of having a Roku/Sharp (or Roku/most any brand name TV) big screen television die after only a year or so of use? While the info you provide may work for the most mundane "simple reset" problems, it does nothing for helping solve a computer board burnout. If you really want to help the people who are flocking to this blog, get hold of your superiors at Roku and let them know just how angry we are, fueled by the fact that we purchased a "big ticket item" that failed, only to be shunned by the company you work for.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AKBadBoy 

Thanks for the posts.

As stated in my previous post, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kdavis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same exact issue as everyone else here. contacted sharp/hisense and expecting to get a call back with 24-48 hrs. I purchased my 58 inch sharp roku tv in july 2018 and have had issues with it not wanting to power on at times but it officially quit on me today. Judging by the feedback here i'm not expecting much from the conversation with hisense and if i'm forced to purchase a new tv I will be sure it has nothing to do with sharp, roku, or hisense. I have a samsung tv that has worked perfectly fine for 8+ years without a single issue so I know this not the norm.