Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sharp 58 inch Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

@Gubbypubby73 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT THERE ARE SO MANY REPLIES FROM ROKU "CUSTOMER SERVICE" PEOPLE POSTING ON THESE PAGES, YET ALL SAY THE EXACT SAME THING THAT OFFER NO HELP WHATSOEVER. I wonder how much these people get paid to just cut and paste the same answers all day long instead of offering some help. It has become obvious that they put out garbage and when contacted, as is recommended over and over on this "community" website, the answers are always the same, i.e. "Sorry, but if it is past the one year warranty, we can't help you." I will never buy another TV that has a ROKU OS.

daddyJr7

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

Hello my Roku tv want turn on and I red light is not on please help me

edickerson

Jump to solution

Same problem, bought 2 Sharp tvs for our school, have had them for 13 months and they bought go out within in week and before you say " have you contacted the company?' I am trying and Sharp will not answer.

jusxwats

Jump to solution

mine won’t turn on too and i’ve only had it for maybe 6 months. this is ridiculous 

AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with my "Roku/Sharp" TV (unfortunately, Roku is making the "guts" of a good deal of the televisions on the market these days), and it's hard to get a good idea what is wrong with them if you aren't someone who is in the field of fixing them, so here is a way to know if it's the power board or if it's the main board so here is one way: Look at the lower left corner of the television as you are looking at it. This is where the "remote receiver eye" is. When you go to turn it on, if the little red diode glows red, then dims down a bit and then back to normal (and it likely recycles ever 30 seconds or so), chances are it is not the power board but instead the main board. If the red diode goes completely unchanged or is not there at all, chances are it is the power board.

The good thing is that most of the televisions come with a 1 Year Warranty. However, that being said, I will NEVER purchase another television, computer, tablet, or anything else that has a computer components, and not purchase an additional $30 "Extended Warranty". When my big screen smart TV stopped working literally less than a month after the 1 Year Warranty expired, my wife reminded me that I had purchased the extended warranty. After less than 10 minutes on the phone, the issuer of the warranty agreed that it was a faulty main board and refunded me all but $30 of the $500 television. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jusxwats 

Thanks for the post.

If your TV will not turn on, this may be a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku Danny,
It does no good to go to the link that you provided given that most people who come here with concerns aren't just looking for a replacement TV manual. We are here because of the lack of caring by Roku, who provides the boards to the televisions which up and quit for no reason. Amazing how it happens like 1 month after the 1 Year Warranty runs out.

Kstaff821
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I've replaced the power board, the main board, and the tcon board. 

Initial problem was the red light would blink twice every 10 to 15 seconds. After replacing all boards, light blinks once, stays solid, dims, and starts the cycle all over again. 

My TV died exactly 1 month AFTER the warranty expired.

I contacted Sharp and they as helpful as you'd expect. They wouldn't tell me anything because the TV was out of warranty. 

Very disappointed with Sharp and Roku for the lack of support they provided.

AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Kstaff821,
One would think that if Roku was an honest and upfront company (a joke at best), they would provide a way to contact them and stand by their products. But I couldn't even find a number or email address to contact anyone with that company. And if Sharp or any of the other name brand televisions that Roku supplies the parts for gave a darn about about their customers, they would try and assist us and let Roku know that they aren't pleased. Washing their hands of those of us who experience problems with THEIR products (after all, they are the ones that have opted to put the Roku garbage in their televisions) after only a year or two, simply adds another slap in our faces. They make different boards that look exactly the same with the only visible difference being a part number on a little sticker stuck on them. But I did my due diligence over the course of a couple of months running down the correct boards for my 58" Sharp, and it did no good at all. I think it is time to contact the BBB about the matter. Not that I expect it to do any good as far as those of us who have already taken a loss, but perhaps it could help others from having to deal with this crud (and I use the word "crud" to keep the censors from 86'ing my comment because as we know, it goes deeper than that). So much for good 'ole USA pride in the retail television industry. Maybe if everything was made and assembled here, that pride would still exist in Sharp sharp products.