Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Briny_S
Reel Rookie

Roku TV Screen Went Black Yesterday

My screen went black mid YouTube video last night. I’ve power cycled the TV, the router, the remote, etc. Tried to do a factory reset using the button on the side of the TV and I could see the light responding on the TV but the screen is still black. Called tech support and they had me power cycle it again and then said “wellp the TV you bought in 2019 isn’t under warranty TTYL”. I really feel like this is related to needing a software update or something. At least I want to try doing that, but without the screen do I have options at all? Could I hook my laptop up to the TV and “see” the TV screen to mess with the settings that way? Maybe that only works the other way around. I have only had the TV for a couple years and have never had problems so I’m super bummed. Literally just a month and a half ago I finally got it mounted to the wall… any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV Screen Went Black Yesterday

@Briny_S

Thanks for the post.

Is this issue happening only on the Youtube channel or does it happen regardless the channel you are watching?

Have you tried unplugging your TV for 5-10 minutes, then plugging it back in again to see if you are still seeing the issue occur?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos