Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kankarsh
Level 7

Roku TV Remote

I have been using a Hitachi brand Roku TV for the past few years and I have had been using a replacement remote for about a year due to the original one breaking. Recently I purchased another one because no matter what the remote I was using would not work properly. I purchased the "Roku® Voice Remote with TV Power and Volume Buttons - RC49". The remote  stopped working few days after I got it; I thought it was defective and returned it in exchange for another one. However this remote has also stopped working after a couple days. They all experienced the same problems, it was as if the batteries were out even though they were brand new so I kept replacing the batteries but still the same problems kept occurring. I think that it must be a problem with the Roku TV itself rather than the remotes themselves. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku TV Remote

@Kankarsh 

Thanks for the post.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hitachi here: https://hitachidmd.force.com/hitachiserviceusa/s/ or at 1-800-448-2244.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kankarsh
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Remote

I don't think the problem is the remote. I have used multiple remotes so far and for some reason I am experiencing problems with the ones I have used. I originally had the one that came with the TV, that one broke so I ordered one from Roku. It worked fine until it also broke so I ordered another one and after experiencing problems with that one I purchased a different one and returned that one because I thought that it was defective. I now am experiencing the same problems with the new new remote I purchased. The remote should be able to point anywhere but it does not. It should be able to use my voice but it does not. It constantly does not register when I have pressed buttons. I thought the batteries were the problem but they are not I replaced them multiple times. 

0 Kudos