Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seadude
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Remote Mute Button terrible Location

oh man that gave me a laugh.... I just wish Roku would actually read this stuff..... yea , more than a year and Im still accidently hitting the mute button drives me nuts! ....... Poor design for sure.  Wishing everyone  a Happy 2022 !

0 Kudos
leodlion
Reel Rookie

We bought a small Roku tv years ago. The mute button on the side which I keep on hitting is very annoying. Then I bought a Roku 4K streaming device and the same mute button is on the right side of the remote. You would think that Roku should have change the remote design years ago. But no. They keep on insisting to give us this remote with this stupid stupid design ergonomically inane surpass only by Roku's "we don't give a **bleep**" attitude of not changing its design.

Perhaps I will try putting magic glue on it and glue it permanently.

seadude
Channel Surfer

yes funny after a year or more useing poor design remote I just hit mute by accident this morning. .. Roku are you listening????  It would appear it was design by a lefty ...It should have not been on either side period... ROKU ??????????   Its time for a change dont you think???

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

I suggest getting remote cover the kind snuggles every button, the rubber membrane is higher than the buttons themselves including the mute key. So, you have too purposely drop down into crater to press a key, so no accidental pressing of keys. I like them alot. These are mine:

IMG_20220705_213555071.jpg

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
leodlion
Reel Rookie

What is the name of this Roku remote rubber case? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Woolman
Channel Surfer

These are cool.. I’ll Definitely check these out. Thanks. 

seadude
Channel Surfer

ok Im liking these, what is brand ?  Amazon?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@seadude  @Woolman  @leodlion 

My remotes are the Voice Pro rechargeable remotes, so these are the ones I purchased:

Amazon.com: [3Pcs] Case for Roku Voice Remote Pro 2021(Only for 2021 Released), Anti Slip|Shockproof...

If you have Roku tv remote that takes AAA batteries and has microphone or crescent moon key, then go with these:

Amazon.com: [4 Pcs] for TCL Roku TV Steaming Stick 3600R Remote Case, Woocon Silicone Case Anti/Drop...

If you have a Roiku tv remote that has the discrete channel buttons one on top of the other go with these:

Amazon.com: TOLUOHU(4 Pack) RC280 TCL Roku TV Remote Control Case Cover Silicone(Glow in Dark) RC280...

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Never a complaint? So far it’s my key complaint. Everything else is so well thought through. Then there’s the mute button 😂

seadude
Channel Surfer

Cute! Lol   I just hit the mute button by accident this morning...Good Grief! Roku  ,what were you thinking?

0 Kudos