Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Independence01
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV Remote Mute Button terrible Location

It is impossible design for a right-handed person. What on earth were they thinking. I have 5 different Roku devices and this is the first one I bought that has this mute button. I tried my other older remotes (I've been using Roku for years) but they don't work on the Streaming Plus +. Might have to switch to Amazon. This is too annoying to deal with. Please Roku, do your customers right....

seadude
Channel Surfer

Well clearly Im not the only one having issues with mute button and remote!!! Yes I liked the old style much better.   ROKU  ARE YOU LISTENING ????  Its a poor design no other way to look at it.   I ve been using it for 6 months or so and just this morning I hit the mute button by accident. Yes Im right handed...  GRRRRRRRRRRR

Woolman
Channel Surfer

We can only hope. I think I’m going to go to a Google Chromecast. ROKU isn’t even acknowledging this problem here 😩

Tschmut

I couldn't agree more. If it was possible to disable it I would. Very aggravating.

EscapeMan
Reel Rookie

HEY right handed people! I am LEFT handed and I have the same problem with the mute button. If I go to adjust the volume I hit the mute button by mistake! Even if I go to change channels, my thumb seems to find that button while holding the remote.

Horse54

Apparently Roku design people do not test with real people that will be using the remote.  Along with a "recall" button that is not available.  Roku is introducing a new "Pro" remote that still does not address the problems.  Rechargeable and Find Remote features.  Come on. My solution....research other services and make a switch.

Independence01
Reel Rookie

ugh...totally agree!

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

First time I ever saw roku tv remotes like these in this ebay ad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284268300864?hash=item422fb60a40:g:~9sAAOSwMMdgge76

It has both volume and mute keys on the front face instead of the side. These are for Hisense roku tv's which only works on Hisense & Sharp Roku tv's. Won't work any other brand of roku tv. 😞

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NohoNoel
Reel Rookie

I have two Roku Remotes with the mute button and one without (my older ultra does not have mute, thank god.) I can't agree more with all posts here - what a mistake... horrible design and frustrating to use.  Thanks to all here for your posts.

Lokusuks
Reel Rookie

Considering the importance of the remote in using the Roku, the layout is the worst I've ever used. I'd rather not have volume or mute buttons than to have buttons I'm constantly pressing in attempt to hold the remote. If it wasn't a gift I would return it and I won't recommend it. I may dig the buttons out with a steak knife later just for the satisfaction.