Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uchiuchiuchi
Level 7

Roku TV Remote Issue

Jump to solution

ok so i have a roku tv and i moved, and didn't use it for a year. i just moved again and the tv is here with no remote. i can't use the roku app because i can't remember my old wifi settings, plus i just reset it. how do i go about using my tv again???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU TV ISSUE

Jump to solution

@uchiuchiuchi 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Only way is with a new remote, well new to you, you can buy used Roku TV IR remotes on ebay for under $10. Look for your brand of roku tv, a remote with power key and crescent moon key for sleep timer is for sure roku tv IR remote. 

If you want it sooner you can go to walmart or best buy for wifi voice remote, which will pair with all models of roku tv. Walmart also sells the ONe-For-All urc-7935 streamer universal remotes that works great with roku tv's. P1010420 (800x600).jpg

The remote on the right is 7935 and is also available on ebay used for about $10.

Edmund
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@uchiuchiuchi 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos