Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jurassical
Binge Watcher

Roku TV - OTA live tv USB features broken after latest software update

Our (2) 32" Roku TVs by TCL are doing the same thing. It recognizes the USB, works for a while and then stops recognizing it. I pull the thumbdrive out and put it back in and it works for a while in endless loop. I bought new drives but it does the same thing.  V10.0.0 build 4195.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV - OTA live tv USB features broken after latest software update

@jurassical

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-brand and size USB drive you are using

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jurassical
Binge Watcher

TCL 32S301

YK00A9366805

10.0 4195-48

SanDisk Glide 2.0 16gb

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jurassical

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jurassical
Binge Watcher

16gb USBs on multiple sets not recognized + non-responsiveness

Sometime after the update to 10.0, two of my 2+ YO TCL 32" and a 32" Hisense TVs started acting badly.
When using the the SanDisk Cruz Glide 16gb USB thumbdrive to playback or pause, sometimes it will pause but not record while doing so. Sometimes it will record after a pause, but PB is sped up or distorted. Most of the time when attempting to rewind an error message "Live TV Pause has been disabled. A USB device was not detected" etc. I can hit OK then pull and replace the drive and it will either work as advertised or come up with the same error. Sometimes, it will revert to actually formatting the USB before it works for a while and poops out. I've tried everything I can think of but no joy.

There's also time lag and hanging even after resetting to factory settings. Any help to solve these problems will be greatly appreciated. I've gotten the message that these TVs only last a couple of years but I'm wondering if it's not the updates that seem to done to keep programmers employed isn't the culprit in this case. I'm ready to replace all these sets with another brand if it isn't remedied soon. Thanks for your  attention to this matter. 

0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

Re: 16gb USBs on multiple sets not recognized + non-responsiveness

It has been my experience that the USB drives reach the end of their erase/record cycle life in less than a year even under reasonable service.

Have you tried using a fresh from the package USB drive, or are you just trying to force the old drives to work?

0 Kudos