Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Roku TV OTA Antenna Signal Strength Is Working Again

To RokuDanny-R: 

Last evening and this morning I noticed a slight difference in the action of the bottom banner of OTA channels, the banner would appear on its own for a few seconds, usually about half a minute after I'd tuned to a channel. At any rate, I didn't think much of it, until this morning I looked at the signal bar and saw the bars are lighted up showing the current signal strength. Decided to click through every channel sequentially and confirmed that the signal bars are working, and are seeming to be showing properly.

Please pass my thanks and kudos to the dev/test teams for their hard work, thankless though it has been these past months. Have been the manager of software teams in my working career and have taken the arrows you all took while the user base was aiming at you.

Roku TV 7201X

Sharp LC-43LBU591U

10.5.0 Build 4210-38

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
5 REPLIES 5
snippits
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV OTA Antenna Signal Strength Is Working Again

I also noticed the signal strength meter was working again today.   How did they fix it?  No software update on my TV.  Still showing software version 10.5.0 build 4210 12/16/2021, and yes I rebooted the TV.  Did have an app update early this morning.

Apparently, this problem must have been a bug with the guide that Roku fixed on their end. or it was an app that was causing it.

Anyway, it has taken them months to fix this problem, and yes I am glad they finally fixed the problem.  On the other hand, it took way too long to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
Nemo288
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV OTA Antenna Signal Strength Is Working!

RokuTV A113X
TCL 55R635
Serial # X003000CU9V0
Software 10.5.0 build 4201-88

Well I'll be dipped. Mine is working too for the first time since I got this set in fall 2021! Restarted TV and there they are.

At first I thought they had broken it the other way as I had 5 bars on all the stations as I went thru them but finally on the very last one there are only 4 bars so I guess it is working. I live fairly close to our main tower (1 mi.) and use one of the newer style flat panel antennas. Our other metro tower is about 3 miles and 115° away. This channel is on that tower. I had previously aligned the antenna with the old tuner I was using for the last 20 years. 

Quick hand-held picture. (1/30 sec @ F2.04). The TV looks a lot better than this in person.WorkingAntennaStrengthMeter1024.jpg

cwcheese
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV OTA Antenna Signal Strength Is Working!

Yes, Nemo I had that same thought about seeing all 5 bars on the banner. So I actually switched over to All Channels filter and clicked through every single channel to observe the bars. I found a couple with 3-4 bars, but most channels had 5 since I live within 20 miles as the crow flies from Mt Whitney, and I use Mohu leaf type antennas.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
Catz

They fixed the signal strength meter problem and introduced another even more annoying with the banner re-popping up!

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Good, job Roku in getting this fixed, so fast. 

0 Kudos