Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaarliannn
Level 7

Roku TV Not turning on not connecting

Jump to solution

Hi so I just had a change of WiFi and now my tv won’t turn on by my phone. I also have my friends Roku remote to try to turn it on but it won’t work and frankly I can’t find the power button either. I have a Sanyo Roku tv and idk how resync a remote to my tv for a short time period. I honestly don’t have a clue on what to do please help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not turning on not connecting

Jump to solution

Unless you have IR built-in to your cellphone, you need a real remote to set the roku to same network and password as your phone to use the Roku remote apps on the phone. And if your friends remote is from a roku console and not roku tv like yours it would never work. 

Roku tv's use either of two very old IR tv code sets that remotes 20 yours ago would control the modern roku tv. You have an old universal remotes on hand or cable oem remotes available? If not just go to target or the dollar store for a cheap universal remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not turning on not connecting

Jump to solution

Unless you have IR built-in to your cellphone, you need a real remote to set the roku to same network and password as your phone to use the Roku remote apps on the phone. And if your friends remote is from a roku console and not roku tv like yours it would never work. 

Roku tv's use either of two very old IR tv code sets that remotes 20 yours ago would control the modern roku tv. You have an old universal remotes on hand or cable oem remotes available? If not just go to target or the dollar store for a cheap universal remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos