Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Left town without remote; how to set up 3800 stick without remote

Jump to solution

If you could change the network name and passcode to match the one at home, perhaps then you could get the phone to work, if not, no you differently need a remote. Are there walmart or best buy near by, they sell wifi voice remote rc-al7r separately there.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Eatmass

Jump to solution

Is there anyway to connect to the device to establish a network connection either through the rokus ssid or plugging it into my labtop via usb or hdmi

0 Kudos
Maynard7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Eatmass wrote:

Is there anyway to connect to the device to establish a network connection either through the rokus ssid or plugging it into my labtop via usb or hdmi

Plugging in the HDMI into a TV just shows the Roku menu on the screen but it shows as not being connected. Without the remote I don't see any way of being able to connect. The Roku stick also has a tiny USB port but I believe this would only work to power the device, not connect to it.  It has its own SSID but there is no password that I can find to be able to access it. I think they use that SSID to connect the remote control to the wireless network. 

0 Kudos
Maynard7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

If you could change the network name and passcode to match the one at home, perhaps then you could get the phone to work, if not, no you differently need a remote. Are there walmart or best buy near by, they sell wifi voice remote rc-al7r separately there.

I'm staying at an Airbnb, so I don't think the host is going to let me change the network name and password. Good idea though!

0 Kudos
amyathebee

Connecting Roku without Remote

Jump to solution

Hello,

My landlord changed wifi so my mobile remote does not connect.

I lost my roku remote while ago and I’ve been using mobile app as remote.
Please advise how I can connect my Roku device and Mobile app remote.

Model# : 2450X

Thank  you,

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Connecting Roku without Remote

Jump to solution

You need a physical remote in order to input new network details. 

For models that use IR remotes, you can get a cheap universal remote that states it supports Roku on the package, or buy one from Roku. https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player  Sometimes they can be found in the dollar store, but you can certainly find one in any big box store. For Streaming Sticks, you'll need to get a replacement wireless remote. https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Bear in mind that your 2450 model is very old and isn't supported anymore with updates, so you're probably better off just getting a new Roku.

Joey1623

Roku TV No remote or WiFi

Jump to solution

I have a Phillips roku tv and the remote is broken but even worse than that I cannot even use the roku app to control the tv as we switched service providers and I have a different WiFi how can I fix this? 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: No remote or WiFi

Jump to solution

You do need a remote.

You can get a Universal remote that might work or order a replacement.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Even remotes twenty years old would work on the philips roku tv, which uses a very old tv code set. Do you have any old universal remotes in the house, if so name the brand and model number I could probably find a working code for it. Cable and other oem remotes that can be programmed for tv's would work. 

Edmund

makaiguy

Jump to solution
Lacking a remote, the only thing I can think of to try is if you can change the setup on your router to have it use the same network name (i.e. SSID) and password as your former router that your tv knows how to connect to.
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos