Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmoncivais
Level 7

Roku TV Lost WiFi connection

When my TCL/Roku tv is off and is turned back on, and I try to access an app (YouTube tv, Netflix, Hulu etc) I will get an error message “internet connection error” or there will the app won’t start. In order to fix it, I have to go to the roku home, check internet connection then it will start working again. I have an orbi router/satellite nearby so it not the router. I have other roku/tcl TVs without any issues. I have also changed the 2.4ghz channel on the router which has helped some. I’ve done master resets on the tv and internet connection but continue to have this problem sporadically.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Cweber
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Lost WiFi connection

I fixed this by connecting an Ethernet cable directly to my router, setting up wired network and then switching back to my WiFi network.

0 Kudos
nmoncivais
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Lost WiFi connection

So just to clear, you would wire connect your roku tv to the router, set up a connection, then unconnected then reconnect the tv with a WiFi connection?

0 Kudos