Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Light under TCL logo at bottom of screen won't stop blinking

I fixed the issue completely. What the problem is, is you disabled the standby LED when the TV is off. This causes the LED to blink when its powered on, so when you go to that system option and turn it back on and restart th TV, the LED will be off when its on and the LED will be on when the TV is off 

0 Kudos
Zelenski
Reel Rookie

Onn Roku tv red blinking light so annoying!!!

ROKU!!!!! FIX IT!!! This red blinking light I just want to punch while watching movies from my phone using Smart View. I don't have internet at home and don't need it. It blinks twice every few seconds. So if you are in the dark enjoying TV, you are screwed!!! Please give us an update with an option to turn it off. Also an update with more supported video formats from USB flash drive will be much appreciated. Otherwise I'm waiting 25 days and returning your TV that was bought 5 days ago and getting LG.

0 Kudos
Zelenski
Reel Rookie

Re: Light under TCL logo at bottom of screen won't stop blinking

That option is enabled and it still blinking when ON

0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV Light under TCL logo at bottom of screen won't stop blinking

Mine blinks twice continuously but I have a connection. What now?

0 Kudos
jmcgee
Reel Rookie

Same issue!  I am wired in and it seems since the last update this just KEEPS blinking.

0 Kudos
jmcgee
Reel Rookie

I found the source of my issues.  It seems if you block scribe.logs.roku.com with your pihole, you will get the blinking issue.

Shame.

peatrick
Binge Watcher

TCL model: 55P607 Software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-30 This annoying issue just started today out of nowhere. The tv keeps telling me it's not connected, none of the network tests complete properly, but I'm able to select "Proceed anyway" and we resume streaming just fine. I've rebooted my router, my wireless access point, restarted the tv... finally just ran software update and it seemed to have fixed the problem -- for about an ~hour. Nothing actually updated. Still on v10.0.0 and now after getting a "No internet" message (while streaming YouTube mind you) it suggested I exit to check. This double-blink is directly related to the tv constantly attempting to check for internet, but I can't seem to fix it. No I don't want to put stupid electrical tape over it, we're not luddites. We want to fix this issue. I also don't want to remove my Pi-hole ad-blocking. Open to suggestion. . . Thanks to anyone with further solutions or proposals. I also DNS blacklist scribe.logs.roku.com on my Pi-holes
#1 mage.
0 Kudos
jmcgee
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately it appears you have to allow for that to resolve correctly or your Roku TV does not pass one of the connectivity checks

0 Kudos
almo247
Reel Rookie

I just reset internet and light goes off. There is a setting on roku menu for that. Takes more than a router reset. Sure you probably know that.

0 Kudos
onthefritz

After a great deal of research and some trial and error, it seems like there are three workable solutions to this irritating problem:

1) Replace/upgrade the cheap Roku remote that came with the TCL TV.  Others in this thread have talked about trying to put a piece of black electrical tape over the blinking light - only to discover that the remote will no longer work at all because the sensor/receiver for the remote is right next to the light.  One of many shortcomings of the included remote is that it uses infrared signals and must therefore be pointed directly at the sensor/receiver with nothing in the way.  Many of Roku's other, better, remotes use radio frequency (RF) signals instead - which can transmit through most walls, furniture, and electrical tape!  I can confirm that this works as I was able to pair and use a "Roku Voice Remote Pro" with a piece of electrical tape completely covering the annoying blinking light on the TV.

2) You can dim (but not completely turn off) the LED light using the following process on the included remote to bring up a "special menu" on the TCL: home button (5 times), then FF, Play, Rewind, Play, FF.  From the new menu that appears, select "adjust LED brightness".  This will significantly decrease the brightness of the LED light, but I personally still found it too distracting when watching TV in a fairly darkened room.

3)  A company named Anytime Sign sells a special tape they claim is intended for exactly this purpose (blocking visible light but allowing infrared light from a remote to pass through).  I have not tried this product myself since option #1 above worked for me, but if you want to give it a look the web site is https://www.anytimesign.com/LED_BLOCKER/  Presently, a small sheet of this Mylar product costs about $5.

I nearly returned my newly purchased TV because of this blinking light.  The irritation only increases when you think about the sheer number of bad design decisions that contributed to the problem and how easy it would have been to avoid (first and foremost: does anybody even want or need a blinking white LED light on the front of their TV to show that the remote is being used or that wi-fi is being accessed to stream data?)  I hope at least one of the three work-arounds/solutions listed here will be helpful to others who are similarly afflicted 🙂