Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Earl1

Re: TV Keeps Losing Sound

Jump to solution

After every episode of a TV program or if I rewind or after every movie the audio goes to off automatically on my Roku TV. Then I have to go to the TV settings and click to Leveling to start audio again.

Very annoying

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tee3 @Earl1 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Is this occurring on a specific channel?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
delee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did the reset and it worked.. BUT not permanently. it still loses audio at lease once daily. ALSO when it happens, the remote doesnt seem to work right, almost like it is lagging. Any other remedies you know that will permanently work? 

Jump to solution

Happens on everything. Mine is doing it more frequently too. 

0 Kudos
delee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did this, which seems to worked... (at least it has for the past four days) I tried all sorts of updates, even this one, but when I went here the other day, it had shown a date of the last "system" update as August. Hope it helps you.  **System update navigate to Home > Settings > System > System update. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Anytime a show goes to a new episode, I have to go to the options menu, turn leveling off then back on or else I won’t have sound.

This is annoying to do for a show that has SEVERAL episodes on Netflix 😢

I even notice it happens changing from 1 channel to the next

How do you permanently fix this

0 Kudos
delee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

try performing this system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update..
It will show the last date your device updated. I thought mine was up to date with all the resets and updates I preformed trying to fix this lose of sound problem. But when I went to the update setting it had shown my update was over a month ago. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mines doing the exact same thing!! & I tried resetting it but nothing is working 

0 Kudos
delee
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ABBYSLIDER1: What date does it show on the system update? It will show 2 dates, the last time you were at that spot and the actual update date. I thought I was set til I noticed that. (Hope that helps, other than that I dont have another answer) 
***system update steps Home > Settings > System > System update..

0 Kudos
Katie62

Jump to solution

I purchased mine also from Walmart march 2020, start of the situation; and having the same issue. Sometimes have to reset 3 or 4 times a day. And often when I first turn it on. It is also a onn. Turns out not worth the money. I see a lot of the same issue, but no fix!!!!!!

0 Kudos