Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dutchpop
Reel Rookie

Re: Why does my Roku TV keep losing sound?

Jump to solution

I'm having to do a System Restart at least once a day.  Seemed to start happening with my TCL Roku when it updated to Software version 9.3.0 Build 4170.  On my TV this is a new problem.  I have never seen this on a TV that is going on 2 years old

SharonS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Parris1Girl wrote:

I had the exact same problems and finally FOUND THE SOLUTION!!

Do a SYSTEM RESTART!!

MINE IS NOW FIXED!! YAAAAY

The System Restart worked for me, too! Thanks @Parris1Girl!

I noticed tonight that my TV had an update on the morning of Friday, June 12th, 2020. The audio was glitching Friday evening, but tonight it shut off unless I toggled Volume Mode from Off to Leveling or Night.

For anyone with this problem, go to Home, Settings, System, Power, System Restart.

0 Kudos
Nett1355
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are having the same issues, and it’s getting old having to reset/restart everyday, sometime multiple times a day. And it seems to happen at random times, not when shows are between episodes, but during episodes as well. 

SharonS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Nett1355 wrote:

We are having the same issues, and it’s getting old having to reset/restart everyday, sometime multiple times a day. And it seems to happen at random times, not when shows are between episodes, but during episodes as well. 

I'm sorry to hear that, I had to do the restart only once. Is this how you restarted your TV?

Home -> Settings -> System -> Power -> System Restart

0 Kudos
oller

Jump to solution

My TV is doing the exact same thing. I have to keep going into setting and make it have sound but when a commercial or next episode comes on you have to go in and rest it.

Sambo2215

Jump to solution

Did you find the solution? I’m having the exact issue. Have to go to leveling for every single new episode or channel and it’s frustrating 

0 Kudos
SharonS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Sambo2215 wrote:

Did you find the solution? I’m having the exact issue. Have to go to leveling for every single new episode or channel and it’s frustrating 

Hi @Sambo2215, this worked for me:

Go to Home screen and scroll up to Settings, scroll right then up to System, scroll right then down to Power, scroll right then up (or down) to System Restart, scroll right to Restart and press enter.

The TV will reboot, but you will not lose your settings or channels.

I hope it works for you 🙂.

0 Kudos
5hafleys

Jump to solution

We have the same problem.  System restart has only been a temporary fix for us - typically doing it multiple times a day.  Ready to ditch Roku and just use apps on TV.

SharonS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm sorry to hear that 😕. Did you contact customer service for your TV? I didn't, but it's worth a try.

0 Kudos
Cecilia33
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The TV works fine.  It's something with the Roku.  I switched out the Roku four days ago and it hasn't happened since.  Sure I fixed the problem but now I have an unreliable Roku.  It's actually my newest Roku too. 

0 Kudos