Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MFSMedart

Roku TV Internet Connection Problems

My Roku TV is having internet connection issues when starting. This has never been a problem before. When I try to connect manually, I go to scan for my network and a window will flash really quick but it can't be read, and nothing happens or is listed. Almost like the scanner is broken or bugged. I don't get error codes or anything. My internet is fine and verified through router and I am able to check through the website (via mobile) provided by internet providers. I usually have to fight with my TV for about 5-10 minutes before it connects. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Internet Connection Problems

1) You didnt mention your Roku TV model name/# or firmware version:  Settings/System/About

2) The "flashing window" may be related to new functionality in RokuOS10 regarding SSID/band selection

3) Restart your Roku TV:  Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart - try again

4) Reboot/restart all your networking equipment (modem/router/gateway/switches/AP) - try again

5) Reset Roku TV's network setup:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

6) Power Roku TV off (pull plug from wall) for 5-10 minutes - try again

0 Kudos
Barber325

Followed all instructions ,reboot,unplug,restarted WiFi. still having problem connecting to internet, WiFi has excellent connection. Need help

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Barber325

Thanks for the post.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, if the affected device is a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos