Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku TV IR Remote not connecting

My son's remote stopped working - button pad has somehow gotten busted. I brought up the remote from downstairs. Both remotes are infrared and everything I find says they should connect automatically, but the new remote won't do anything. Have unplugged device, and tried fresh batteries multiple times.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IR Remote not connecting

I did just not the remote from downstairs specifically says SHARP while the upstairs tv is an insignia. Not sure if that is the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Yes that's the issue, Sharp & Hisense Roku tv's use a different code set then all other Roku tv's like the Insignia. Insignia, Tcl, Onn, Magnavox, Jvc, Rca, Westinghouse, and Philips all respond to the same code. Funny thing is Hisense will respond to the two different code sets. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CapeSlayer 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos