Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku TV Default volume level way too loud, any way to set this?

Jump to solution

Whenever I start the TV, the volume is set to 65.  Ideally I'd love to be able to set the volume to something in the menu, or barring that, whatever the last volume level was.  65 may be a fine default for the built in speakers, but when hooked up to my amp and home theater speakers that setting startles my in-laws when they turn it on.  Is there some kind of setting I can't find that sets the initial volume level of the system?

TLC 65R625 RokuTV
Yamaha RX-V677 on HDMI ARC
Martin Logan speakers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Default volume level way too loud, any way to set this?

Jump to solution

I found out the issue.  The receiver itself had a setting buried in the menus that set a default volume level when turned on.  The TV accepted this volume level when it was turned on. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

When you're connected to an AVR with ARC, I would have thought the Roku TV's volume control would be disabled. Is there a menu setting on the TV to change that? While I have a couple of Roku TVs, neither are connected to an AVR and they are not TCL brand, so the menus might have differences. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

The roku tv still drives the volume level out to the receiver when it's connected through HDMI (ARC).  The TV tells the receiver what the volume needs to be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I found out the issue.  The receiver itself had a setting buried in the menus that set a default volume level when turned on.  The TV accepted this volume level when it was turned on. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't find the default volume setting.  where did you find it?  Thanks

0 Kudos