Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fumbles88
Reel Rookie

Roku TV Constantly Factory Resets Itself

Hello everyone,

I have a TCL Roku TV (specs below) that, as of yesterday, has decided to start doing factory resets on itself about every half an hour or so. I have done my own factory reset, many times, to see if that would help any. It has not. So far I have noticed that resets can happen as soon as a few seconds  after the TV comes on, or after setting up the device and streaming any given channel for 10-15 minutes. The only constant is that it returns to the "Let's get started" setup screen every single time. And I have to do the setup every single time. I have gone through the setup with and without connecting to the internet and have had the same results. I have tried updating but it seems I'm on the latest build and there is no way to roll back. It seems that my only option is to wait on an update or replace this not even a year old TV. Any input or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance. 

- Brian

Roku TV: 8116x

TCL Model: 32S327

Software Version: 9.3.2 build 4217-48

31 REPLIES 31
fumbles88
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV Constantly Factory Resets Itself

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Tmc284
Channel Surfer

I'm sorry you're experiencing the same thing I am. I have a Hitachi Roku tv and it's doing the same thing, but every 24 hours. Now the tv backlight is on and no picture but with sound. I hope something can be done for those of us experiencing this issue. Have you tried calling TCL? I'm going to call Hitachi tomorrow and hopefully get some help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@fumbles88 @Tmc284 

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried unplugging your Roku TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fumbles88
Reel Rookie

Yes. More times than I can remember. Even left it off and unplugged for a week. Same end result. TV factory resets itself and I have to go through system setup again.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@fumbles88 

Thanks for the update.

Have you tried contacting the Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tmc284
Channel Surfer

I've contacted Hitachi and was told that the system restart is 'not their problem' and to contact Roku for assistance. So I contacted Roku again and was told to get ahold of Hitachi 🤦🏼‍♀️ I've been getting the run around on the issue since it started and it's still happening. I've read other Hitachi Roku TV's having this problem since the update earlier this year. It seems a rollback could fix it, but I highly doubt that will happen. It really stinks because the tv is just over 2 years old and was working perfectly before the update. 

fumbles88
Reel Rookie

Sounds about right. Got to love customer service! I haven't contacted TCL yet, I'm sure they're going to say it's not their problem and to contact Roku.  I might just spare myself that pain and just attempt an update every so often. Or try and find a way to roll the update back myself. 

0 Kudos
pwr

Were you able to find a fix? My Roku TV is doing the exact same thing and I believe we have the same model. Mine is less than a year old as well.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@pwr 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-summary of the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos