Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smtips
Level 9

Re: Roku TV - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Umm...what? This thread is not about a separate Roku stick my friend. It is about a TCL Roku TV with audio sync issues. You might want to start a new thread because this has nothing to do with a USB cable being plugged in somewhere.

0 Kudos
Dennis45
Level 9

Re: Roku TV - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging - FIXED!!!!

Jump to solution

Somehow you obviously didn't read this thread! The issue is and always has been with the TCL/Roku Television sets with Roku built in. There's nothing you can unplug, there's no USB cable this a stand alone all in one POS unit! Have we made any strides in resolution of this issue? Nada, Zip, Zero! Both the aforementioned companies have known of this problem for going on 18 months now and have danced around the complaints, they've opened tickets for many of us only to close them without any explanation whatsoever.

As stated many times, save your money and purchase a product from a manufacturer that will at the very least listen, act and resolve the problems experienced by 100's of thousands of people that were ignored by TCL/Roku.   

0 Kudos
AlisonR
Level 8

Re: Roku TV - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging - FIXED!!!!

Jump to solution

There is just the power to the tv. No USB. So I’m not sure what this solution is. Is this recommendation from a person suffering with the lag or from Roku? Nothing helps this problem from what I have tried (and I’ve tried a great many things). I have to get used to the fact that I had a good, but small tv where I couldn’t read subtitles. I bought this 65 inch tv and deal with the audio coming in almost a full second before the video. 

0 Kudos
AlisonR
Level 8

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

I’m not sure. I check always to see if there is a new update but it tells me my version and that there are no updates. Not sure why your version is older. Trust me though, the newer version doesn’t help the problem. But you should check that your software is up to date. Normally the system checks every 24 hours and should alert you if there is an update. I can give step by step instructions if you’d like, but you probably know how to do this. 

0 Kudos
AlisonR
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks, and yes, found it under Power and I reset it every 2 hours when I  watching TV. Helps a bit for maybe 10 minutes and then the lag comes back. When I leave the tv on for, say, 4 hours, then come back to watch, it looks like I’m watching a dubbed movie the audio and visual is so far off. 

0 Kudos
smtips
Level 9

Re: Roku TV - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging (NO IT IS NOT FIXED AT ALL)

Jump to solution

RE:

"As stated many times, save your money and purchase a product from a manufacturer that will at the very least listen, act and resolve the problems experienced by 100's of thousands of people that were ignored by TCL/Roku"

This IS the only current solution. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ROKU OR TCL GOING FORWARD. I have already said previously they only way you will start to get them to listen is hit them in the pocketbook.

If you have very recently bought a TCL/Roku TV and came here trying to find a solution RETURN THE TV AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK AND BUY SOMETHING ELSE.

smtips
Level 9

Jump to solution

@AlisonR, I found the reset button on the side of the TV (under the ethernet port) helped for a bit longer, maybe as much as a day. But you have to go and reset everything up again after that, because it is a full factory reset. But the problem really wasn't solved in the least it came back like the next day.

AlisonR
Level 8

Re: Roku TV - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging (NO IT IS NOT FIXED AT ALL)

Jump to solution

I agree, however, the hassle of returning this is not worth the $800 or so that I paid for it. I just can’t do it. I’d rather have something than nothing in my bedroom so it will stay. If I was healthy and able to move around easily, it would be different. I could hire people to take it back down and drive it an hour away where I got it, but that alone would be another investment, probably worth the price of what I paid, and I’d have to get another tv. So I will just chock it up to the original reviews I had for this tv being poor (someone gave it such great reviews on a 65 inch excellent tv, ranked about 10 different models from Vizio to LG to Samsung etc) and I will rank this one as one star on websites so others don’t face what we are. And then eventually, I may hire people to replace it, but I just can’t do it now. I start a new drug called Rinvoq that is draining me financially (ie the cost of this tv is insignificant in comparison) and maybe I’ll avoid further joint replacements and get more mobility as a result! 

0 Kudos
coachgeek
Level 7

Jump to solution

55" A109X 55R625 paired with a Denon Atmos/Dolby Receiver

Following what was written (clueless newbie here) I did –

- System –> Sound –> Digital Audio Format 

And changed it from "Auto" to "Passthrough" 

That seems to have fixed it. Was noticing it on Hulu mostly. 

0 Kudos
coachgeek
Level 7

Jump to solution

I "was" (we'll see how long my change lasts) on a 55" 55R625 running 10.0.0 on, I think, only Hulu (but clearly I'm not aware if it's elsewhere) and changing the Digital Audio Format to "passthrough") seems to have helped. I imagine I'll 'be back'! 

0 Kudos