Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Hi @Matthew1976,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried restarting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Dennis45
Level 9

Jump to solution

Mary,

I've tried everything only to find that nothing will fix this issue short of Roku and the TV manufacture getting on the same page and ironing this out. For 1000's of people to be experiencing the same thing it's not even remotely possible that it would be a wireless problem. most of us are hardwired in with TV's that have built in Roku. 

sbj
Level 8

Jump to solution

Mary, We welcome you to our discussion. 
We have all rebooted routers, rebooted our Rokus - waiting 20 sec-60 seconds to restart. If you scroll thru the litany of recommendations you will be left with the following sentiment.  Almost everything works for a moment and then reverts back to the same basic issue.   

There must be some sort of software glitch and it needs to be addressed

Thank you

sbj

Visitor45763
Level 14

Jump to solution

@sbj wrote: Mary, ...

"I'm sorry, I did not understand that selection. Please press 9 to repeat these options, or remain on hold for the next ..."

Danny gets a new ID, and, we're all starting over. The matrix has been reset.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Harvini
Level 11

Jump to solution

Perhaps the Matrix has been reset, but I'll dang sure tell you my "router" hasn't been.  Actually, the network in my home contains a total of 7 routers, 3 ISP's and several sub-nets doubling up on some of the routers.  Some paths are single NAT and some double NAT, by design.  The only device that ever seems to have trouble maintaining connectivity is the ROKU TV.  So, which, exactly router do they want me to reboot?

smtips
Level 9

Jump to solution

Reboot the one the Roku is on, of course! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Harvini
Level 11

Jump to solution

@smtips wrote:

Reboot the one the Roku is on, of course! Smiley Happy

OK.  I'll play.  the Roku routes through a 5GHz router operating as a hard wired access point via Cat-6 cable to a 2.5G router, running as a NAT translator and then hard-wired to the ISP provided Cable Mode/Router upstream.

So, again, which exactly router is it that Roku thinks needs to be rebooted when the other 11 devices on that sub-net are functioning just fine.

0 Kudos
Fafasis
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is happening on our main great room tv only.  Other roku TVs seem fine.  Just started happening.  See it on Roku Newsmax tv.  We are using our Bose cinema sound but we have been for awhile with no issues.  We are on Frontier WiFi connection.

0 Kudos
smtips
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing how big a problem this is becoming not just for you but a whole lot of people it was working fine for and suddenly isn't. You had it for awhile and it worked fine. Suddenly it's not working fine, sounds like all else remaining the same.

Pretty low of Roku and TCL to remain completely silent about these issues that are obviously being caused by software updates.

0 Kudos
Fafasis
Level 7

Re: Roku TV - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging

Jump to solution

I fixed mine.  Home screen go into settings and restart your Roku.  It does its thing and problem solved.

0 Kudos