Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor45763
Level 14

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

@Dennis45 wrote: ... 3 new TV's none of which will ever be TCL's with Roku.

The way you worded that brought to mind how TCL is making Android tvs now. It's going to be very interesting to see if TCL Android TVs have the same bizarre problems Roku TVs have, and TCL seems to account for a lot that way (and Roku implies the problems are TCLs.). Problems like those fixed with a cache reset (which Roku sees as an opportunity to deny is happening, because semantics like whether there's a cache or not is more important than getting to the bottom of what the problem is).

Maybe TCL Android will be another Mad Hatter's ride. It's going to be interesting to see how that compares in terms of drama, disingenuously ignoring problems, etc.

I'm thinking of selling one of my TCL Rokus and replace it with a TCL Android, just to experience that partnership, see how it compares. They're not too expensive. It would save me another $45 for another Amazon Firestick Lite & Sofabaton F2 (to use my 2nd Roku TV while protecting it from more untested updates).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Dwsfacebook
Level 7

Jump to solution

Lagging occurs on all 3 of my Roku tv devices, 2 Roku sticks and one Roku TLC TV.

when streaming NBA League TV app is worst.

Dennis45
Level 9

Jump to solution

TCL and Roku could offer free TV's with magic fairy dust and I'd still not have another one. When they first came out with the 5 series I bought and loved this brand, pushed it to all my friends and relatives so they wouldn't be paying crazy high prices for their entertainment.

I bought the 6 series and it was incredible, great picture, vivid colors, user friendly interface and they the poop hit the fan with whatever malicious update that either TCL or Roku threw at it. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on the 8 series.

Here's a read for those that believe that someones being paid off to push TCL on its readers. Not a mention of any problems whatsoever about Roku having issues, in fact the give Roku/TCL the thumbs up and add it as one of the Pro's stating " Roku TV is amazing"

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/tcl-6-series-qled-roku-tv-55r625-65r625

sbj
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, I found an email address for Roku Customer Service and sent them the link to this blog. Hopefully someone from corporate will pay attention to this issue. It seems pretty obvious that they don’t look at these blogs and expect us to try and resolve these issues for ourselves. 

This is the site I got the contact information from because it is impossible to find a direct email or phone number for Roku on their own site.

Harvini
Level 11

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting this.  I expect that some members of management will be hearing more about these issues in the days to come than they have ever in the past.

0 Kudos
lcsavoy
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have Roku TV, this audio is getting worse, its even happening with DVD???? So annoying happens with roku channel, Netflix prime and out xfinity cable ....help!!!!!!

0 Kudos
lcsavoy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Omg that worked!!!!!!

Harvini
Level 11

Jump to solution

@sbj wrote:

Hello everyone, I found an email address for Roku Customer Service and sent them the link to this blog. Hopefully someone from corporate will pay attention to this issue. It seems pretty obvious that they don’t look at these blogs and expect us to try and resolve these issues for ourselves. 

This is the site I got the contact information from because it is impossible to find a direct email or phone number for Roku on their own site.

Odd how the actual site information and contact information has been removed from this posting.

DO THE MODERATORS THINK WE ARE SO STUPID THAT WE CANNOT CONVEY THAT INFORMATION THROUGH PM OR OTHER CHANNELS?

smtips
Level 9

Jump to solution

Obviously someone is watching and moderating. I hope they realize the power of social media. If you use it (I don't use FB or others personally) please publicize this thread. You can't ignore the public forever. Public needs to be aware. If the actual company wants to censor information provided on their public forum then please post it elsewhere.

I can't believe they won't acknowledge these issues and make a public statement. They are damaging their relationship with hardware makers and potential clients.

Visitor45763
Level 14

Jump to solution

@Harvini , my guess is that the link was removed because the forum's terms prohibit posting personal info. (We often see fellow refugees post their email address expecting someone to contact them with an answer. The address is removed with a reminder not to post personal info. That link to Elliott Advocacy essentially did the same thing (less directly).

Now, if Roku just had as much passion for ameliorating the ways Roku itself hurts customers, we'd be in good shape. There always seems to be time (and passion) to merge threads, enforce the rules, and "pass it along" forever. Roku had time to participate with Business Insider for an article mocking Roku customers for naively believing an urban-legend -- ignoring how that practice (so called "clearing your cache") actually fixes problems which Roku continues to act like don't exist.

That reminds me of how Roku changed my tv's background to a broken antenna tv (at the same time customers were complaining about how an untested software update broke their antenna tvs).

Like I said: what Roku has time for speaks volumes. I'm surprised they even have this forum. They have time to provide a platform for customers to be unhappy when Roku doesn't have time to fix anything that makes customers unhappy (or even acknowledge unhappiness). Why even do that? Just have a voice menu "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that response. Press 9 to repeat these options."). If they don't care, why even have a forum?

It's nuts. It's like Roku has focused on marketing so long that it exists in its own delusion about what's normal. Support is just marketing. Software development is marketing (vital things like testing and bug tracking aren't as important as just putting on a show of development.).

I feel sorry for Danny (and now Mary). I can't imagine looking forward to coming to work each morning to put on this kind of show. It might have seemed real when Roku tv was leading the way, wanting to be "the android of tv." Now that Android is on tvs, I don't see this happy-talk way of doing business being successful.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos