Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmy54
Level 7

Re: Roku TV - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging

Jump to solution

I thought you want all the info about my tv.I thought you want all the info about my tv.

0 Kudos
Cobra99
Level 7

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Turning the volume feature off on the Roku worked to get audio in sync.

JHD
Level 7

Jump to solution

Terrible lip sync audio problems. Just recently started. Terrible. Have had this model 55P605 for about 2 yrs and have loved it...until now.

0 Kudos
JHD
Level 7

Jump to solution

Fixed by pressing "*" on remote, going to "Volume Mode" and setting it on "Off". Audio sync problem fixed.

View solution in original post

Gabe254
Level 7

Jump to solution

It seems that when I use Hulu, Crunchy Roll, and Amazon Prime Video, it occurs. The lag is worse on Amazon Prime and Crunchy Roll than Hulu, but it’s present in any. Netflix is occasional but it does occur as well.

i have no additional sound bar or speakers with my TCL tv, so I’m not sure how to resolve this. I unplugged the tv for 30 seconds previously and that resolved the issue, for only a few days. It returned and has gotten progressively worse. 

ive tried a few setting changes it it still occurs, after fixing the issue for a short while.

Any assistances would be greatly appreciated.

@RokuTannerD wrote:

Hi there, 

Moving Roku TV comments to a new thread. 

For those of you experiencing this issue on a Roku TV, please reply with the following details so we can help investigate this issue further: 

- What specific streaming channel or HDMI input devices (cable box, Xbox, etc.) are you watching when you observe the issue? What is an example content title (movie or tv show) that we can reference? 

- Does this occur in all streaming channels on the TV, or just one particular streaming channel? 

- Are you using any A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV? If so, what is the specific brand and model number?

- During playback of any content, press the * key on your Roku TV remote. A sidebar menu will open on the left. Locate 'Volume modes' - Are any of these turned on? If so, does turning this feature off resolve the issue and restore audio sync? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Deacondog
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Family 

I can't believe this is still an issue within the system ?

I originally posted this MONTHS ago for folks with separate or Roku TVS 

It's so disheartening to see this still being a problem?!

It appears Tanner is trying- and Fortunately for Me the Volume Off advice worked. But I am very nervous to add any new platforms like Netflix because it could trigger whatever this defect is? Mine began with Amazon prime video. 

What I fine odd is How it can exist inside the TV'S and the added on box? Most replies state no speakers 

Very frustrating and Sorry I don't respond to everyone because beyond my last post, I have nothing new to add.

ROKU needs to continue to repair this. It's beyond annoying and the time to Fix it mid-viewing is more disruptive. 

All the best!

Deb

Strobey
Level 8

Jump to solution

The problem still affects me (TV is up-to-date on latest firmware).  Switching off night mode does fix it temporarily.   

The problem occurs in every app/channel that I use.  AppleTV+, Netflix, Plex, OTA Antenna TV, Amazon, CBS News and PBS.  

jordanwalrus
Level 7

Jump to solution

Alright man it’s my entire system. Even when I’m on the home screen just moving to one app from the other when I get to the other app I don’t hear the notification that it moved for a good half a second. I’ve looked at all my settings and nothings been turned off. Can you please help me out?

0 Kudos
TheMay
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a 49S403 TCL Roku model and this problem continues happening every day. First time I turn on the tv it is fine for a while but then the lag begins and nothing fixes it. I’ve tried everything suggested but it’s worse then before. It’s like watching dubbed movies it’s so bad. Is this ever going to be fixed? I certainly would not have bought a TCL if i knew about this issue. 

Jbr0nc0
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same TV same problem. 

When i stream through my PS4 i dont see this issue. Im using a sony sound bar HT300, cutrrently i have on optical cbl from tv out to input on sound bar but the problem persists no matter how i have the sound set up. 

Volume mode off and setting tv settings to pcm stereo do not work. 

This is deff a roku issue.

Anyone have any solutions??

0 Kudos