Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itwasuited

Roku TV - Apple TV Exiting to Home Screen

Please don't tell me to explore solving these issues through the tv manufacturer as I have 10 tvs over 3 homes 7 of which are "roku tv's", issue only rises on the roku tvs (all of them!), and the roku tvs I own are from 3 different manufacturers so the common denominator is "roku tv".

I read online that this is a very common problem so I'm hoping a solution has been reached?.... because I have invested thousands of dollars on 7 "roku tvs" ranging 75" to 60" and hate to imaging replacing all of them as they are all only 3 months to 2 years old. 

For clarity,  my issue is that while streaming I will randomly get booted from the app tv will revert back to home page. I've had the issue happen 10 min after turning tv on as well as 2 hours after. Issue happens in all apps as far as I can tell. Sometimes will happen 3 times within a 10min period. And again I have roku tvs made by 3 different manufacturers and issue persists in all of them in 3 different locations with different internet providers all with strong signals. 

Please help me because I am at my wits end.

Cheers Mitch 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV Channel Exiting to Home Screen

@Itwasuited

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos