Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexinmadison
Level 7

Roku TV/Apple TV+ Compatibility

Based on the Roku TV compatibility list, none of my three TCL Roku TVs will carry Apple TV+. My questions are:

1. Will there be a patch/fix/update that will allow other models of Roku TV to work with Apple TV+ in the future or am I stuck having to buy all new televisions if I want this channel?  Seems exceedingly short sighted to not have this app available on all models of Roku TV.

2. The model numbers listed on the compatibility chart don't really help when shopping for a television. Could you possibly provide a list of makes/models of Roku TVs that are equipped to run the Apple TV+ app?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku TV/Apple TV+ Compatibility

@alexinmadison 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried adding the Apple TV+ channel TV to your TVs to see if you are able to add the channel?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
alexinmadison
Level 7

Re: Roku TV/Apple TV+ Compatibility

Yes. It doesn’t exist because my televisions are not compatible. The only app I have is Apple TV+ Screeners which is only for people who are authorized to watch screeners for awards and reviews. I thought it was obvious from my post that I’d already done my homework on this. 

0 Kudos