Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kam101p
Level 7

Airplay on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I don’t see airplay or HomeKit on my roku tv

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Airplay on Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Kam101p 

Thanks for the post.

What model Roku TV do you have? 

Please be aware that Airplay will be supported on the following Roku TV models: Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx

For more information about Airplay on Roku devices, visit our Support page here: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
fengchuntv
Level 8

Airplay not shown up in my TCL R635 Roku TV

Jump to solution

Just bought this TV and it advertise to support Airplay. but when I used iPhone XR to do screen mirroring, it doesn't appear in the list.

also, according to support article, we should see the AirPlay option in Roku menu, but I can’t find it either.

Below are the details:

Roku TV A114X

TCL model 65R635

Software 9.4.2 build 4129-88

Serial number: X003002GCYD4

Device ID: S05FY00GCYD4

Anyone can help here?

fengchuntv
Level 8

Re: Airplay not shown up in my TCL R635 Roku TV

Jump to solution

Is anyone from roku seeing this?

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 10

Re: Roku TV Airplay

Jump to solution

@Surk2020 asked: How can we know if the Roku TV has support for Apple AirPlay? Is there a chart showing exact Model #s for TVs from TCL and HiSense?

I asked the same thing a month ago. No response. Roku's canned response is "these Roku TV models have AirPlay". But, when you go looking for a tv, nobody advertises Roku TV model # 7126X. All you see is TCL 43S405 (for example).

To me, this is just another example of how Roku's leadership does not put itself in the customer's shoes. It's a classic example of talking past the customer.

Q. "How do I find an AirPlay-capable tv?"

A. "Look for Roku models Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx."

Q. "How do I know which TVs are which Roku model number? (so I can choose from suitable tvs?)"

A. "[crickets chirping...]"

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
ColdCalifornian
Level 7

Re: Airplay not showing up on device

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuDanny-R, I have a 7121X TV which I believe meets the requirements for airplay support. I'm on the same network and have the 9.4.0 4200-30 OS installed. I don't see this TV appearing on my MacBook for Airplay. I have another Roku TV with a different model number that does work. How can I troubleshoot?

0 Kudos
R3Y10
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue

@RokuDanny-R 

ROKU TV: 7141X

TCL MODEL: 50S421

SERIAL: YN00U7652725

SOFTWARE VERSION: 9.4.0 Build 4200-30

DEVICE ID: NM991U652725

ISSUE ID: 25-046-110

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 10

Jump to solution

@fengchuntv wrote: I think I posted a separate thread with lot more details on my TV and got deleted.

It looks like your thread was merged into this thread. I see yours 3-4 posts above. It's confusing how they do that. But, it's probably better than duplicate threads. Makes it easier to see the impact.

You'd think if organizing and assessing problem impact were important, Roku would have a formal bug tracking system (instead of the casual "pass it along" to some team I'm beginning to doubt even exists. Nothing ever seems to get "passed back." No confirmation of a bug. No suggestion of priority. People have been waiting YEARS for bugs to even be acknowledged.). 

I'd consider using an external Apple TV box for streaming. I assume that would have AirPlay (provided by people serious about what they're doing). Factory reset your tv without internet. Use it as a dumb tv, and disconnect from people who don't appreciate you. You'll protect your tv from future untested updates. You'll have plug-n-play freedom instead of all your eggs in one basket. (Bundling also means burdening. Unbundle and have more freedom to choose/upgrade.). A URC-7935 universal/learning remote would probably work with the tv and device.

That's my plan, but using a Firestick. I'm currently watching antenna tv through a factory-reset Roku using an external DTV tuner (iView 3500). I like it. $30 USD. Numeric remote (I probably need a URC-7880 for that). 

This whole Roku experience reminds me of cable/satellite. People "cut the cord" because those companies acted like they had a monopoly. The customer was a captive audience, not someone to treat with care. Bundling meant fewer choices, more lock-in & mediocrity. It's ironic that Roku was the "go to" for cord cutters. It's turning out to be just as bad as what people cut the cord from.

Something may change. But, if you look at previous pages of this forum, there's no reason to believe you'll have AirPlay anytime (let alone soon). I think my suggestion would be the easier, and inexpensive solution. (But, I could be proven wrong. Roku might change.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and for providing us with your information regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku TV not showing Airplay.

I have passed along all of the information from this thread to the appropriate team for further investigation. I currently do not have any updates to provide at this time, but once more information becomes available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

We appreciate your patience while we look into this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
Ebizzarro
Level 7

Jump to solution

On the Roku TV going to system, advanced settings>device connect>disable device connect and then re-enable device connect. Now your tv  will show up on your iPhone.
but I can’t get it to connect.