Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicky101

Roku TV Activation Issues

I bought a brand new TCL roku tv, connected to the WiFi, software update popped up for a few minutes then it failed to give an activation code. We factory reset multiple times, rest WiFi, still wouldn’t work so we returned it for another brand new one & still having the same exact issue... someone please help us fix it

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Activation Issues

@Vicky101

Thanks for the post.

Since you've tried two different device, this would lead us to believe this is not a device issue, but rather possibly a network issue. Have you tried connecting your Roku TV to your network with a wired connection to see if you are able to resolve the issue? In addition, have you tried connecting the Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can setup and activate your Roku device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TCLTVSSUK

It’s not network.  Connected my old tv and several computers to network right next to the the brand new TV.   If it is a network issue, it is ONLY affecting the brand new tv with the Roku operating system 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TCLTVSSUK

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

Have you tried connecting your Roku TV to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect and activate your TV?

In addition, I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Andrewagm

Re: Roku TV Activation Issues

Had same problems, would NOT send activation code to my email address, full connected to Internet etc

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV Activation Issues

@Andrewagm

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us the serial number/device ID on your Roku TV? We will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos