Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chelseay333
Level 7

Roku TV Activate Issues

I am having issues Activating my Tv and I’ve been trying for a WEEK now!! 

I connect to the internet I get the software update. I go to your website to setup my link & after I skip & continue to finish I get an an error & go back to the linking section which I try several times just to get the same thing! I’m really over this TV & would’ve returned it if my husband wouldn’t of lost the receipt! But now I’m stuck with it & it won’t it even work!!

Waste of money is what it’s starting to look like. Your support answers or help you give isn’t very helpful at all! You NEED to fix the bugs on your products! 

5 Replies
gmhm
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Activate Issues

Know the feeling as this part of N S can't get this and that it's so **bleep** annoying. We paid for this service that said on the internet and the package that we would be able to get all these channels, now it's sorry this and sorry that "this channel is not available in your area" WHY NOT in my area we paid the same as everybody else to get this service. It should already up and ready before these are sold as you can have or get items. Really think this is a gimmick to push all new arrivals into buying & buying & buying packages that are designed to give as lest as possible so the next package can get in there for their cash. SO WHAT makes this service any different then the big cable robbers is only the amounts they want from ya, while saying it's free or their line may may have fees. They **bleep** well know that what you want in that package has a fee that's the way they designed it!! Money money money is all that everybody is after these days, even when they know most are out of work with NO MONIES!! Why is it always seems always anyway that those that don't have (and try to get, to feel at least not nothing), get every possible cent sucked totally sucked out of them. While the rich are those soaking up fully soaking up all of those possible cents of those that don't got. Seems the rich get things for free then make those that need that or even would want that to pay pay pay forever for what they got for nothing, oh but they cry they had to pay to get their product out there. That cost compared to constant payments by millions isn't a comparison no comparison at all and they know it!!   

This is for all of you out there that feel the same way, (probably too afraid or scared to say or tell it out loud or openly to anybody).

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

There seems to be a workaround that doesn't make any sense, but it has worked for many people. Use an alternate Internet connection, such as a smart phone hotspot, and for whatever reason it seems to complete the setup process. As I said, it makes no sense, but it does seem to work.

Also, when you go online to link your Roku to your account, make absolutely certain you have reached the legitimate Roku web site. Unfortunately, scammers have manipulated the search engines and your browser might make a suggestion while you're typing that is in reality a scam site, and your activation will always fail and offer a phone number to assist. Don't EVER call one of those phone numbers. Roku does not offer phone support like that, so it's a guaranteed scam site. Make sure you go to https://my.roku.com/link to activate your Roku on your Roku account. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@gmhm wrote:

Know the feeling as this part of N S can't get this and that it's so **bleep** annoying. We paid for this service that said on the internet and the package that we would be able to get all these channels, now it's sorry this and sorry that "this channel is not available in your area" WHY NOT in my area we paid the same as everybody else to get this service. It should already up and ready before these are sold as you can have or get items. Really think this is a gimmick to push all new arrivals into buying & buying & buying packages that are designed to give as lest as possible so the next package can get in there for their cash. SO WHAT makes this service any different then the big cable robbers is only the amounts they want from ya, while saying it's free or their line may may have fees. They **bleep** well know that what you want in that package has a fee that's the way they designed it!! Money money money is all that everybody is after these days, even when they know most are out of work with NO MONIES!! Why is it always seems always anyway that those that don't have (and try to get, to feel at least not nothing), get every possible cent sucked totally sucked out of them. While the rich are those soaking up fully soaking up all of those possible cents of those that don't got. Seems the rich get things for free then make those that need that or even would want that to pay pay pay forever for what they got for nothing, oh but they cry they had to pay to get their product out there. That cost compared to constant payments by millions isn't a comparison no comparison at all and they know it!!   

This is for all of you out there that feel the same way, (probably too afraid or scared to say or tell it out loud or openly to anybody).

Sorry, not understanding your issue. There's no charge to set up and use a Roku device. You don't pay anything to activate. Yes, there are services you can subscribe to. But those services could be restricted by geographical area, so can't be viewed on a Roku. That isn't something that Roku controls, it's the content providers that control where their content can be viewed and on what devices. For example, a service such as Disney Plus is available in many different countries, but Disney has restricted Roku devices to only access their service in specific locations. Again, Disney controls that, not Roku.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Juliajulia72
Level 7

I am having problems with roku set up also , and no one at xfinity can help, I am disappointed in the service should have stayed with ATT  less cash but service is lousy. I was told before signing on I could get the roku streaming. Do not have it yet and this will be a second payment. Can not activate the roku stick.

Julia

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Is it the Roku activation you are having a problem with, or is it the Xfinity app that is the problem? 

If it's the Roku activation, one nutty thing that actually seems to work is to connect your Roku to an alternate Internet source, such as a phone hotspot. It doesn't make any sense, but it has worked for many users. If that doesn't help, please come back and tell us exactly where you're hung up, and we'll attempt to help. 

Dan
0 Kudos