Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku TV 2016 -2017 models and CBS All Access

I am having a strange problem with my Roku TVs 2016-2017 models and CBS All Access.

On CBS All Access when I select Live TV the picture and voice are out of synch. That is picture and voice do not match. This does not happen on any of my other live TV apps, NBC, ABC etc.

So far I tried correcting it by re-booting my router, and reseting my Roku TVs but this has not helped.

I live in the NYC Tri-State area has anyone else experienced this problem.

So far I have opened tickets with CBS but they have not got back to me even though I am a paid subscriber.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku TV 2016 -2017 models and CBS All Access

Roku TVs are a bit of a mystery. While Roku provides the operating system, they don't build and sell the TVs. Each manufacturer can make changes in hardware or software that make some channels problematic. For example, I have two Roku TVs. One is a 43" Sharp 4K Roku TV, and it does just fine with everything I've tried with it. My other one is an Insignia 24" 720p set. It is noticeably much lower on processing power, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had issues with CBS AA. While I do subscribe to CBS, I've only watched it on my Shield or Ultra players.  

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos