Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cici1991

Roku TCL won't stay on

Hello, I have a Roku TCL. My tv was working fine last night, but today it no longer works. It comes on for about 5-10 seconds then cuts off. It never goes pass the Roku loading screen. It repeats this cycle on its own until I unplug it. The blue/white light by the power button also keeps flashing like someone is pressing a button on the remote control, so I unplugged the batteries from the remote and it's still flashing. I'm not sure if it's due to a virus, a faulty socket or if my new upstairs neighbors are throwing off my signal. The tv is mounted to the wall so it would really suck to have to throw it away. Does anyone have any suggestions on what's wrong? If it matters I had this tv for about 3-4 years.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TCL won't stay on

@Cici1991

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on TV to see if that resolves the issue? For more information about how to factory reset your TV, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, it may be hardware related. If this is the case, we're recommend contact TCL for further assistance to see what insight they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TCL won't stay on

Do you have other remotes in the room from other devices that might have been programmed to control the tv like fire stick remote? Pull the batteries out of them? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos