Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wisdom1970
Level 9

Re: HELP

Jump to solution

If this was a hardware issue it wouldn't work right for a few months then go back to same thing..turning itself off and on. Then it'll work for a few days then start all over again..off and on. I contacted the manufacturer last year and they said it was a hardware issue and my TV isn't under warranty so no help there..lol. Right after that I plugged it back up and the theme had changed and Screensaver. So an update had happened and it worked for 2 months. Then all of a sudden..back doing the same thing. 

0 Kudos
mrwoodguy
Level 7

Re: Roku TV turning off and on

Jump to solution

MY Insignia NS-32DR310NA17 is doing the same thing after I did an update. I plug it in, it turns on, works fine for about 3 min, then restarts and starts over.

Can we get a new update to fix this issue? Please Roku help us! Mr Wood Guy

0 Kudos
Mattyc44
Level 7

Deleted the App

Jump to solution

We got 2 TCL Roku TVs and during setup of the second one (a day after using the first one with zero issues) it encouraged downloading the app. Seemed a cool idea. Afterwards we started having this issue and tried all kinds of things but over the next day or so either of the TVs would randomly just turn on. So I deleted the app and it hasn’t happened since. Just another “worth a try” offering. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mrwoodguy

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the issue you are experiencing is hardware related. Have you tried contacting Insignia support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us or at 1-877-467-4289.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeeta_s
Level 7

Re: Roku TCL keeps turning on and off!

Jump to solution

How is that this issue is happening to multiple users and the only trouble shooting that roku and tcl keep saying is reset.. reset.. reset. Its obviously not working for many of the users. When will they own up and release an actual fix?

I spent hours trying all the trouble shooting and nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
Mattyc44
Level 7

Re: Deleted the App

Jump to solution

Well, I thought that was it, but then the big TV kept turning on again this morning every 15 minutes or so.  I disconnected the batteries from the remote (based on more browsing of the topic) and so far so good after about an hour.  We shall see.

0 Kudos
kobinperch
Level 7

Jump to solution

i also got my issue solved it was a hardware problem and got my solution here.

Wisdom1970
Level 9

Jump to solution

Did you resolve your TV issue? I haven't. 

0 Kudos
Mattyc44
Level 7

Jump to solution

Once the app was deleted I still needed to put in brand new batteries and re-pair the Roku remote to the TV. Once I did all that I’ve never had the problem again 

0 Kudos
Wisdom1970
Level 9

Re: Roku TCL keeps turning on and off!

Jump to solution

Where is the switch located on the board?

0 Kudos