Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlorz
Level 7

Re: Roku TCL keeps turning on and off!

Jump to solution

Factory reset did not work. I unplugged from wall and left it for approximately 10 hours. Plugged it back in and have had no issues so far.

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HELP

Jump to solution

Hi @Wisdom1970,

Thanks for reaching us.

We recommend performing a factory reset on your Roku TV to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?
For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

We also suggest you reach out to the Roku TV manufacturer's customer support for the Roku TV issue for additional assistance. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Phujimo
Level 8

Jump to solution

Finally fixed mine. It’s the TCL 32”. Seems the combination power/cursor switch in the back was sending erroneous messages. Opened the tv (carefully), removed the connector from the board which houses the switch and reassembled - like new. I never had to use the switch anyway between an ir remote and the app

Thesetvareapos
Level 7

Jump to solution

My suggestion would be to throw the POS out the window. I’ll never buy a tv from this manufacturer EVER again. I called the number and they basically had me do everything that was listed here only to tell me to take it to a repair shop. To repair it costs about as much as the TV itself. 

Wisdom1970
Level 9

Jump to solution

How do you know which and where that switch is at?

0 Kudos
Wisdom1970
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same with mine. It was doing it then just magically starts working right for a few days..then bam..back to turning itself on and off again..I'm disgusted!!

0 Kudos
Wisdom1970
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Just wait..it'll magically start working correctly for a few days then it will go back to Same thing. Its craziness.  I think it has something to do with updates But I am not sure

0 Kudos
Wisdom1970
Level 9

Jump to solution

Factory reset does not help. 

0 Kudos
Wisdom1970
Level 9

Re: HELP

Jump to solution

Factory reset does nothing for it. How can so many people that has this TV have this same problem and we can't get a resolve? This is ridiculous. My will work right for a few days..then suddenly go back to going on and off. 

Visitor45763
Level 12

Jump to solution

@Wisdom1970 wrote: Factory reset does not help. 

Try this:

Clear the cache (fixes random reboots)
Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 2-3 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on)

It's not clear what this does. Roky denies there's any cache to clear. But, I've seen people say it fixes their problem when factory reset, and power-menu restart, unplugging, etc. don't. It wouldn't hurt to try it.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.