Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mgepner33
Level 7

Re: Roku TCL keeps turning on and off!

Jump to solution

Are roku keeps turning on and off we have tried everything. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
wlorz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Right from start it loops into a start/restart. No time to do anything. Rebooted both router and TV.  Unplugged TV.  No joy.

Version CE9.22R02478A
Serial Number X001007JDA58
Devise ID S05HF09JDA58
Roku TV C252X
onn. model 100021261
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@wlorz

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku TV to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 12

Jump to solution

@wlorz  , if the factory reset doesn't fix it (it doesn't for many people), try doing the factory reset again, but tell the setup you don't have internet. It will install an older version of the software, or a less buggy version (not clear what's going on). If an untested update caused the problem (as it has for many people), that might fix it. If it doesn't, then you'd know you probably have a hardware problem. (If it does fix it, and you need streaming, you could buy an external streaming device and watch through HDMI. Never connect the tv to the internet again. As nuts as that sounds, people are doing that to continue using their tv.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Wisdom1970
Level 9

Roku TV turning off and on

Jump to solution

Why does my Roku smart tv keep turning off and on? It did this before and it magically fixed itself for a few months. But now its doing it again. It's gotta be an update that causes this because when it started doing it again my theme and other things were changed. HELP!!!! As many as this is happening to you think we'd get an answer on how to fix. 

Wisdom1970
Level 9

Jump to solution

What do you mean a tracker ID? I see no tracker ID # It just goes off and on repeatedly. It was fixed for a few months like October and November 2020.. then Roku did update and it went right back to going on and off.This is on Roku .Its happening because of some update. 

Wisdom1970
Level 9

Jump to solution

Mine..same thing.  It is something they are doing It is something they are doing.. I have narrowed it down to an update.  So this is all on them and they need to fix it!!!!!

Wisdom1970
Level 9

Jump to solution

Doesn't work lol. Believe me I had this problem last year and then my TV started working perfectly fine towards the end of 2020.Now.. It's back to doing the same thing repeatedly turning itself off and on until I unplug it. They did an update and it screwed everything up!!  THEY need to give us an update that will fix this.

0 Kudos
Wisdom1970
Level 9

Jump to solution

It won't work for long..next time your TV updates..it'll do it again.  I have tried everything with no help from roku or tcl I have tried everything with no help from roku or tcl

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 12

Jump to solution

@Wisdom1970 wrote: What do you mean a tracker ID? 

People are told to create a tracker ID by pressing the Home button 5x, followed by the Back button 5x when the issue occurs. Then they hear nothing more about it. 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.