Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JesHei
Reel Rookie

Roku TCL keep going back to factory reset every 20 mins

I have the Roku TCL, it's about two and a half years old. For the last two days it has been going back to a factory reset every 20 mins. It goes back to the welcome let's get started thing. I don't know who to contact or what to do. I have unplugged for over an hour and plugged back in. I have manually done a factory reset. No change. I want to know who to contact

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TCL keep going back to factory reset every 20 mins

@JesHei 

TCL. Roku doesn't manufacture the TVs. Roku leases the Roku software to TCL and other companies for their smart TVs. Although I suspect a TV that old is out of warranty, unless you purchased an extended warranty.

Before you declare it a loss, answer how you did a factory reset. What did you do to initiate a reset, and for how long (if applicable)?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@JesHei  You purchased a TCL Roku TV. Best place to start is at TCL support. But your TV is no longer under warranty so there’s not much they can do for you.

https://support.tcl.com/us-televisions

0 Kudos
JesHei
Reel Rookie

I went into settings and clicked the factory reset option. I've since unplugged the TV. Feeling like it's garbage at this point

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@JesHei  Contact TCL. 

0 Kudos