Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffrok
Level 11

Roku TCL TV wifi disappeared

Last night after watching Hulu for about 45 minutes, my wifi disappeared.. like the internal adapter got disabled. My WiFi network wasn't appearing and neither were any nearby networks (like next door neighbors).

A reboot if the TV is the only way I got my network back.

TCL 40 Inch LED TV 40S305

Anyone else had this happen?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
17 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Roku TCL TV wifi disappeared

What firmware/build are you on?
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku TCL TV wifi disappeared

8.2.0 4167-08
S/N 2N009L060453
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Roku TCL TV wifi disappeared

If you can reproduce the issue, the next time it happens immediately do Home 5x Back 5x.  I can't remember offhand how this works, but it should generate a report and pop something on screen. PM that to me if it happens again.

Hopefully this is unrelated to firmware, so we want to rule that out.

*Edit* Using the above remote sequence, it'll pop up an Issue Report Tracker ID Number.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku TCL TV wifi disappeared

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
If you can reproduce the issue, the next time it happens immediately do Home 5x Back 5x. I can't remember offhand how this works, but it should generate a report and pop something on screen. PM that to me if it happens again.

Hopefully this is unrelated to firmware, so we want to rule that out.


It happened tonight again, BEFORE I saw your reply Smiley Wink.

Next time!
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Gslagel
Level 7

Re: Roku TCL TV wifi disappeared

Hey this is the exact issue I've been experiencing for about 3 weeks now - after over a year, our roku tv has just started disconnecting randomly. It's pretty regular, every few days anyway, and hard re booting the tv is the only solution. Interested in what the cause or solution might be!
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Roku TCL TV wifi disappeared

"Gslagel" wrote:
Hey this is the exact issue I've been experiencing for about 3 weeks now - after over a year, our roku tv has just started disconnecting randomly. It's pretty regular, every few days anyway, and hard re booting the tv is the only solution. Interested in what the cause or solution might be!

Gsagel, please refer to my post above, and send me your serial number/device ID:

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
If you can reproduce the issue, the next time it happens immediately do Home 5x Back 5x.  I can't remember offhand how this works, but it should generate a report and pop something on screen. PM that to me if it happens again.

Hopefully this is unrelated to firmware, so we want to rule that out.

*Edit* Using the above remote sequence, it'll pop up an Issue Report Tracker ID Number.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
kuchers
Level 7

Re: Roku TCL TV wifi disappeared

Hello. I have exactly the same problem. Internet connection is disconnected randomly. 
It helps only to a new connection to WIFI with a subsequent reboot.
Please help!

Issue report tracker ID 95-498-020

TCL model 40S305
Software version 8.2.0 build 4167-08
Device ID: 91471G946895
Serial number: 2N00GC946895
0 Kudos
Gslagel
Level 7

Re: Roku TCL TV wifi disappeared

BTW I haven't been watching much tv since I saw the above reply, I still intend to come back with a service id next time it occurs
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Roku TCL TV wifi disappeared

"kuchers" wrote:
Hello. I have exactly the same problem. Internet connection is disconnected randomly. 
It helps only to a new connection to WIFI with a subsequent reboot.
Please help!

Issue report tracker ID 95-498-020

TCL model 40S305
Software version 8.2.0 build 4167-08
Device ID: 91471G946895
Serial number: 2N00GC946895

Thanks!
"Gslagel" wrote:
BTW I haven't been watching much tv since I saw the above reply, I still intend to come back with a service id next time it occurs

Thank you.  We're still tracking the issue.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos