Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku TCL TV started powering off after 10 minutes?

I have a Roku TCL TV 32 inches, "Roku TV 8116X" and "TCL model 3S323", software version 9.3.0 build 4194-48.

All of a sudden today (I have had this tv for probably the better part of a year) it is turning off all by itself after 10 or 15 minutes or so, when I am watching my Apple TV box I have plugged into it. I have used the Apple TV with this Roku TV almost since I had the Roku TV and never ever had this issue. I use the ATV because it has a few apps that Roku doesn't. 

I have turned off the "System > Power > Auto power savings > Reduce power after 15 minutes" setting and it made no change in this undesired behavior of the TV shutting off after 10 or 15 minutes. I have had this setting on since I have had the TV, and never had this issue before either.

I have updated the software and rebooted the TV, neither of which fixed this issue.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku TCL TV started powering off after 10 minutes?

@JohnathanG 

Thanks for the information.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos