Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fwblack
Reel Rookie

Roku TCL TV 65R635 / Denon AVR No ATMOS

I have a Roku TCL TV 65R635 connected to a Denon AVR-X4400H via eARC with 9.1 speakers (2 ceiling) and cannot get ATMOS, just DD+. I've tried various settings, etc. I have the latest updates on both. I've tried several different UHD movies that say ATMOS, but the AVR consistently shows DD+.  This is on VUDO, Disney+, Netflix, etc.  Cannot get ATMOS, just DD+

The Roku TV settings for audio (I've tried passthrough and auto) show that the receiver is capable of ATMOS. Just trying to figure out where the problem is located has turned into a finger pointing game. Denon says they play/decode whatever they get. TCL says they send through whatever they get.

What is frustrating is I email ROKU support and their response was to ask me questions that were already answered in my email and to tell me to put it on stereo... uh I'm aiming for ATMOS, not stereo.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TCL TV 65R635 / Denon AVR No ATMOS

@fwblack

Thanks for the post.

If you are already in touch with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them regarding your inquiry as they would be best to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fwblack
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TCL TV 65R635 / Denon AVR No ATMOS

Well, Roku support has not been any help, but in their defense, I think it's a TCL issue.  I purchased a Roku ULTRA and get ATMOS when the Ultra is plugged directly into the Denon AVR.  However if I connect the Ultra to the TCL Roku TV (both the Ultra and the TCL set to passthrough for audio) I do not get Ultra.  I've reported this to TCL as it seems to be a problem with the TCL Roku.

Also, another thing I noticed during all this testing is that the Dolby Demo / Access channel does not come up in searches except on my TCL Roku TV.  It does not show up on my Ultra.  I had a friend with a TCL Roku TV try to load it and it does not show up on his either - very odd.

0 Kudos