Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaybee1
Level 7

Roku TCL 65R625 HDR BRIGHT setting issue

Roku TCL 65R625. Noticed something really strange. When watching HDR content I noticed that in the Roku App Expert Pictures settings that even though I have the picture set to "Movie" in the app - if I back out and go back in it resorts back to "Low Power" as the picture setting every single time.
Does not happen with non-HDR content. This is possibly the problem that has been causing the HDR Bright setting to always act up (for those who haven't experienced this - that setting goes from dim to bright when scenes change quite frequently).  Any thoughts? Can someone else please try this to confirm? Picture settings on TV - HDR Bright. Expert Picture setting in the App "Movie". back out, go back and see if it defaults to "Low Power".

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
ayywutup
Level 7

Re: Roku TCL 65R625 HDR BRIGHT setting issue

Have you ever found out the solution?

0 Kudos
chaybee1
Level 7

Re: Roku TCL 65R625 HDR BRIGHT setting issue

Nope. I have come to the conclusion that it's a glitch in both the app (the low Power thing) and the Amazon Prime app on Roku.  I confirmed that it's definitely a TCL Roku app thing because I plugged in an external Roku device to the TCL, went to the Amazon Prime app and had the same result,  no HDR.   I bought a Firestick 4K on sale for 25 bucks, plugged that into the TCL and am getting full HDR 4K and Atmos via the Firestick. Reported this both to Roku and Amazon but doubtful it will be looked into.  Most likely will fixed accidently with a future firmware update, if ever.