Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sophie999
Level 7

Roku TCL 49" TV cannot connect to android

Greetings,

I have 3 Roku players, 2 dedicated Roku units and Roku TCL 49" TV, about 3 years old. Until a few weeks ago, I was able to control all of them via android app. But recently TCL can no longer connect to the app. App does not see it. Tried several android phones without luck. Tried manual connection, but app does not see Roku at the entered IP address. Factory reset the TV and the phone app. IP address falls within the range. All the settings are checked based on the Roku suggestions.

I can cast the phone screen to the TV using android cast but NOT using Roku app.

Otherwise, no issues. TV works great and connects to the WIFI. Plays online channels fine. But cannot control via phone Roku app. Any ideas? 
Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku TCL 49" TV cannot connect to android

Casting working over a WiFi Direct connection, but the Roku app uses the Wifi network you've got setup at your home.  If you can't use IP address, can you check and see that your phone is connected to the same WiFi network?  Also, can you check the TV settings and see if the "System/Advanced/Control by mobile apps" setting is set to Default or Permissive?
0 Kudos