Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku Subwoofer No Sound

Roku soundbar connects to Roku Subwoofer, but no audio from sub is heard. Connects without issue, but again, never any sound from the sub. Has been working flawlessly for several weeks, this issue just came out of nowhere...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Roku Subwoofer No Sound

I am having the very same problem. The subwoofer worked perfectly and then stopped all of a sudden. Upon contacting Roku customer service they sent me a brand new one and upon initial hook up it is doing the very same thing. When contacting Roku again to report the issue they seem to lack knowledge on items that they sell and seem clueless. Any help from anybody would greatly be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yea. They sent me two new subs, one extra by mistake. Hooked it up two days ago, so far so good. We'll see how it goes since my last one worked well for several days too before going dark...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@crimsontidefan 

Thanks for the note.

If you are still having issues with your Roku Subwoofer, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

I had a similar problem with my subwoofer it would not stay connected to the soundbar for any length of time. Turns out the wireless connection between the subwoofer and the Soundbar works on 2.4 ghz. My Wi-Fi router works on 5 ghz and 2.4 ghz and it turns out that the 2.4 gigahertz on a wireless router interferes with the signal between the subwoofer and the soundbar. I turned off the 2.4 ghz

@mcwarren852000 wrote:

Roku soundbar connects to Roku Subwoofer, but no audio from sub is heard. Connects without issue, but again, never any sound from the sub. Has been working flawlessly for several weeks, this issue just came out of nowhere...

on the internet router box and the subwoofer is stay connected so far. Also remember that some house cordless phones work off of 2.4 ghz in this can also interfere with the connection between the Soundbar in the subwoofer.

0 Kudos